The Official Work Pictures Thread

Rich, looks like one where the homeowner would come out and say "I could FEEL that fall".

Are you gunning to two seperate points, several feet between them (same distance as from the gunning sight on one side to the gunning sight on the other side, as far away as possible), when double-cutting? I couldn't quite read the stump.

You and Jed are tough, working through that stuff, to keep the job going, crew going, and money coming in for the boss. I hope they recognize that. I get to take the day off more easily, If I'm feeling poorly.

Butch: Take it easy on that guy!

Biggun: Insane pics. Very, very good pics. Well done sir.

Rich: Forget that... you're showing be up, brother. Really good hinge on the one. Just some really nice clean quality work you do all around. Good, clean jobsites all the time too, even in the freezing-ass cold.

One thing... I'd loose that full-comp on your 661 if I were you, and the sooner the better. Most you're gonna need on a saw like that is semi-skip. But I'd just run full-skip. WAAAAY less filing when you hit a nail.

Great pictures guys...when I look at them and all the rigging, and the climbing and the felling and the big trunks on the ground, I shake my head that some people continue to think that they can either do it themselves or get the low-ball landscapers or door knocker cowboys to do it. 'It's just a tree...you want HOW much to do the work?'

Some people have NO idea!

I had a guy (commercial geoduck diver, no less) ask, "So, you're a tree chopper? Isn't it just common sense?" Then he said a guy he knew died on his first day, maybe his 'uncle'. Native guy, don't know what 'uncle' means in that context. He got really quiet.

Sean I actually just lost track of what I was doing. I was felling about 15-20* with the natural lay on that one and she just didn't want to tip. Ended up stacking wedges to tip it.
Jed that is my free chain I got with purchasing that saw 3-4 months ago. I got 4 full skips in the tool box waiting for it. The ground was frozen so it was challenging to mess up the lawn. We will be back in the spring to seed though. The amount of material moved didn't leave much grass.
Fiona, the homeowner commented today about how happy he was not to go with the low bid ( his grass guy).
Tomorrow I'm going next door to deal with this.
image.jpg
I'm annoyed a bit by this neighborhood removing so many large trees. We gave other options, but years of poor trimming has them scared of failure. Lazy climbers lion tailed all of these and limb failure has been occurring. Oh well, we gave them options and they went with removal.

Agree with Griff....impressive what y'all manage to show.

Rich, tomorrow's tree looks like a LOT of tree, too. Can that actually be done in one day via rigging....without a crane?

So agree great run from you all! Did a few big ones today had a service drop and removed a bunch of weight from the back of one as it had some back lean.
3826c327fd9b666484743e4a6724369e.jpg

0bd844fa61754d1a66b4a65289b63f3e.jpg

9847f8dcd79a19345b591ee349e8bb10.jpg

1344b69b92625d40a6b69488ae85210f.jpg

b4e9ca7bb7ccb873d70d320625d5d98f.jpg

The one on the right we felled with a pull line and MA.
467359dbf7fe9d9160768430714b7f39.jpg

6006ea91490751a48a71053c81d4b566.jpg

207012f8e8a34e67c54771174551dc28.jpg

Left with it all on the ground, back tomorow to move the big wood.

We're gonna give it a try. I think we have the reach with the boom. If not I'll be climbing part of it. That could make the difference. I've been questioning the efficiency of the boom on tight quarters removals lately. Not only does it take up drop zone but the boom really limits the cuts that can be made because of the swing path. Of course with how I'm feeling I think I will change some rigging rather than test myself tomorrow.

Would you guys mind naming your species' common names, sometimes? I don't know many trees outside of the NW. All I can see is Joel's swinging big logs, again.

I hate having life support under me, like max reach on the boom.

Seems like with a healthy tree, you might fly up, set rigging, climb out, then rig big pieces until its trunk wood time, and you can park the truck a bit farther away, giving your rig some breathing room.

If its sketchy, maybe a throw line in the bucket to set a control line on a rigged piece farther out/ higher up than you can fly the boom.

I'm with Sean, Joel... I'm lost up here to understand how you guys have such huge trees to deal with down there. I love those last couple of shots.

I posted this tree(s) a little while ago. We had it filmed by a drone, and I got some of the footage today. Hopefully I should have some edited video coming as well.

FP1.jpg

FP7.jpg

FP8.jpg

FP10.jpg

We had another job filmed. Much nicer scenery.....
Also much colder. The drone and go pro were not working as well this day, but he managed to get some awesome landscape shots.

TT1.jpg

TT4.jpg

Cottenweeds are everywhere!! At least I think that's what that was. Great place for a crane. Oh how I despise trailer park work. At least a house can take a little bump

After a quick glance the odor seems to just come back to me. I'm pretty sure I've got some gloves hidden at the shop that are stinking the place up from the last ones I dealt with

Some seriously awesome fodder tonight. Thanks guys!
Rich, I would love to replace the newer flatbed planks with oak. It's what is on it, and I'll probably use steel. But still. I have loved wooden truck beds forever.

I wish I got to use one of those 70t-90t cranes on BIG trees like you guys have. They are amazing machines.

Have you ever seen anyone use TREX(decking material) in a flatbed? Kind of neat, should last forever.

Back