The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice. A release for the plunge cut, and the downward angle allowed you to get the saw in there with low chance of kickback or contact with the house siding.

Nice pics everybody!

Cutting a snag down in 5 lumps.
Coronetted the top at 30 feet for habitat...no picture of that though. It's n3xt to a popular trail.....pretty punky.

uploadfromtaptalk1425771323053.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425771375955.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425771395088.jpg

Dang, Deva...every once in awhile I think I have done a tough tree...then I see something like that.

Great pictures...there is some amazing work that goes on in the TreeWorld.

Great pics, Deva! The San Franciso Chronicle Sunday magazine supplement should do an article about you. Keeping the forest in good shape!

Nice picture of your stump Reg, good to see a dogstooth!

I had a conversation somewhere here a couple years ago about the downward release for a forward leaner bore cut...lots of folks didn't like it.
Like Biggun said, its the standard method taught for the felling ticket in the UK, maybe seeing you do it will give it credo!

Honestly, i think the top or just about the whole canopy broke out. It was near a trail so they wanted a remnant snag with coronet for habitat. It had massive brown cubicle rot. My spurs were melting into the sides in some portions. Haha.

Biggun....nice looking reduction, it's an art to making it look graceful.

Reg. Always Pro.

Nice picture of your stump Reg, good to see a dogstooth!

I had a conversation somewhere here a couple years ago about the downward release for a forward leaner bore cut...lots of folks didn't like it.
Like Biggun said, its the standard method taught for the felling ticket in the UK, maybe seeing you do it will give it credo!

What's a dogstooth?

I figured he cut downward to make it easier to avoid the siding?? Why do some folks not like it? Fwiw, I usually do a horizontal cut just below the back cut. Thanks.

Weird. I have to bump the thread from Chrome to get it to show up on Tapatalk, where posting pics is easy.

54b0a6e38ea7c03fb3d345c711032e81.jpg

Actually climbed and wrecked three trees, zero pruning. More pruning this week, and planting two trees.

294191c42653950fe9d78e48fe05dbf4.jpg

More shadows...some picts I like:

Attachments

• shadowIMG_1491.jpg
    shadowIMG_1491.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 55
  • shadowIMG_1495.jpg
    shadowIMG_1495.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 55
  • shadowIMG_1501.jpg
    shadowIMG_1501.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 55