The Official Work Pictures Thread

What does pass for a pub there?? A café?

There is nothing over here that comes close. A bar from my experience( which is quite extensive ) is just a pick up joint. Nothing over here just to have a pint. Never been a member of a VFW or Moose club though

Sadly I get drunk at home

I hear that now in Great Britain that there isn't much that passes for a pub either. i think Ed was mentioning that. A fond memory for me, what a loss.

Yes, it is better to go into a place where the women are uglier than you. Sadly, my favorite joint closed down. You can still find places in Montana with a hitching rail and peanut shells on the floor. You can still find a really fun shit hole. To hell with a bar that does not smell like piss and stale bud light.

What does pass for a pub there?? A café?

There is nothing over here that comes close. A bar from my experience( which is quite extensive ) is just a pick up joint. Nothing over here just to have a pint. Never been a member of a VFW or Moose club though

Sadly I get drunk at home
Yeah, just a bar, not like a pub with loads of people from the binman to the millionaire, roaring fires, great food and good beer.
Jay, English pubs are alive and kicking, better than ever. Trust me on that.
I too drink at home.

We have alot of Irih bars here on long island. And of course American theme bars, pretty lame really, I also drink at home, to the sound of the ocean.

Well, back when I used to drink a lot (before I joined the Fire Dept.) I was out twice a week. Never drank at home. Still only drink at home when company comes over. Then it is two ice cubes and just enough Single Barrel Jack Daniels to float them.

Kids, diet, and fire dept. The worlds greatest dry out program!

Drinking next to the ocean would be nice!

Found this one one the phone from a week or two back.
Nasty twisted Douglas, was one of 4 that I took out for a client, saw mill came and took em away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 83
Cracked tree on a road, death by lawyers. Thous hazard rating woth too high.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413766290195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413766290195.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 65
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413766340874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413766340874.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 64
Mick, you too. By the time I hit the top of those cork screws, my skinning line is wrapped around the damned thing a few times from me spinning around the tree to stay on the high side.

My day job is with the Presidio Trust, It's a national park here in the city.
I'm one of a few climbers here for 1600 acres. 60,000 trees.
We do logging and silviculture here to, meaning clearcuts and replanting too.

My sidejob is ArborMD.com (like us on FB)......which I would love to develop into something more...

Holy friggen fiber pull! :lol:
6 foot splinter. Bettle kill tree that was not quite all dry yet. Barber poled and topped at 90 feet. Then lay it in the hole. 4th one in this spot around that pretty little black oak.
Rob is buying a mill.... I kid you knot.

Attachments

• DSCF0066.jpg
    DSCF0066.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0068.jpg
    DSCF0068.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0069.jpg
    DSCF0069.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0070.jpg
    DSCF0070.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF0072.jpg
    DSCF0072.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 70
Was it slow to tip, Stephan? I wonder if that allowed more fiber pull. Looks thick hinged for a spar, no? Is that what you need with a gutted hinge in dead pine? Wonder how that gut affected it. Crazy long.

Back