The Official Work Pictures Thread

My old first boss retired from his tree gig years ago. He never seemed to let go of the few customers per year with the cushy pruning jobs. Our intentions years ago was i was going to buy his stuff and take over. Never happened. His stuff was junk, and i was tired of making $100 per day, so thats when i bought my own stuff. He got hurt, sold his junk, then got a job at a nursery. He would take some small pruning jobs from then to now on the side. He was weird along the way, never forwarded any work to me. I think he expected for me to give him a kickback, but i don't pay for work. That and the fact i worked those years for pennies thinking i would take over but guess not. He always says things how he'll give my number, but never happens. This job he needed a hand, and ill take the money for walking around with hand pruners. Nice scenery, no noise, just birds cows and snip snip. Its the guy you met at lunch, cory.

Chris, two rings last two days. Ive got about a dozen jobs on the oven to get done.

I think I finally pruned all the fruit trees I am going to do this year. I like some aspects of it.. not so much others. Just not my cup of tea I guess. But it keeps the lights on. Last 28 were just for harvest and all the ones I do have had others doing them or been neglected after being all hacked up.
Good on you getting the job and doing it right Brendon. :thumbup:

I sold my VERY profitable business in DC years ago to an employee. I used to work 3 days a week and grossed over $200k with a 2 man crew. Within a year he had run it into the ground......

I just pulled a figure out of my ass. He got truck, chipper, saws and phone for $50K. The first dumb thing he did was not getting workman's comp. as he said he couldn't afford it, basically lost at least 50% of the business right there as we worked for a lot of insurance co.s and municipalities.

Slope cut, Butch...I think a lot of those trees are Russian prunes. Andrey? Part of their regular management for the harsh climate that doesn't grow trees quickly (previously mentioned somewhere).

Andrey, what is your truck's working height?

Slope cut, Butch...I think a lot of those trees are Russian prunes. Andrey? Part of their regular management for the harsh climate that doesn't grow trees quickly (previously mentioned somewhere).

Andrey, what is your truck's working height?

Yes - it is poplars. Maximum working height of the truck - 30 meters (98.4 ft)

Ahh. I've never seen or done such a steep angle when doing that. My angle is about half that and I try to make the cut on the shade side.

1st pic is Lawrence Shultz (visiting from NY) getting a good TIP for big oak removal on Bixlers job...this oak was massive :|:

Brian on left and Lawrence

Bixler taking out good size branch...chip shower!

My objective was to take out those two long branches, to far left, over dogwood tree without busting it up...you can see Lawrence in middle of pic in hi viz green

got it done, removed omni block 1.5

Brian felling trunk with 42" bar

How old is the TW and how many hours? (Mines over 11 years now)
Beech is such a nice looking wood, it sometimes seems a shame to put a saw in it.

Back