The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm sure I should know this but yeah, me no capiche dirty 30 nor km3....

KM3...

That was my first line in ½". Great rope, but it's pretty heavy. That's why I got the 11mm kernmaster special static. I haven't spent much time with it, but I'm hoping it works out. It's light as a feather.

Today's tree involved more "lazy, boring tree work". "Lazy" jokingly meaning least effort... I'd rather think my way around working than work my way around thinking. "Boring" meaning no surprises and things going just as expected.

This was another put-on-ground-only job, by referral, when I thought I was on vacation until the new year.

I've used this prop trick on three trees on buildings that I can think of, this being the smallest.

I cut a portion of the failed tree into a prop, situated perpendicular to the log, secured together with a ratchet strap, angled downward and slightly away from where I wanted it to fall, allowing gravity to move the trunk into the drop zone, guided by a directional face-cut at a point above the wire fence, once I cut the supporting portion near the roof.

I didn't capture the whole sequence well, as I knocked this out quickly this afternoon at the time of the bid.

Luckily, no damage to vents or skylights, only slight damage to the eave/ fascia and one shingle.

Customer's trailer.

20221220_142705.jpg 20221220_151940.jpg 20221220_151948.jpg

P.S. the prop can be cut into a cradle shape, as needed. Here, I had branches cut to cradle.
Also, it can be tightened, or given lift with head- to- tail stacked wedges ( and, of course, with Stig-inspired stacking plates).

It's pouring icy rain in St. Petersburg today -
@Maximalist working in that nasty weather, I think it is like Joe Rogan says- Russians are a different breed of white people.

Max, in case the above suffers in translation, dont worry it is a complement. :rockhard:

Oooh that brings a Question to mind; Max, are you into ice baths and cold plunges :rockhard:like a lot of Russkis seem to be?

@Maximalist working in that nasty weather, I think it is like Joe Rogan says- Russians are a different breed of white people.

Max, in case the above suffers in translation, dont worry it is a complement. :rockhard:

Oooh that brings a Question to mind; Max, are you into ice baths and cold plunges :rockhard:like a lot of Russkis seem to be?
I have already written here that all white people are descended from Russians, it's just that in the process of evolution, the rest of the white people went down a dead-end path of development :) I love ice baths, and swimming in the snow! :)

P.S. the prop can be cut into a cradle shape, as needed. Here, I had branches cut to cradle.
Also, it can be tightened, or given lift with head- to- tail stacked wedges ( and, of course, with Stig-inspired stacking plates).
Did you cut the prop from the top of the tree over the roof? Trying to envision where you got it and how you moved it into position?
Also: when you “cut the supporting portion near the roof…” did it have any inclination to start falling before your final cut ? I know this is difficult to put into words for the curious but inexperienced! Probably the cognoscenti know exactly how you did that.

Super good to read Andre again.

Corey: Jordy probably put that cut in at about 105'.

Deva: Insane to see those pics, and yerself and friends gettin after it in CA. The fastest and most talented climber in our company comes from CA. His name is Sullivan Andre. He works on my crew. I go, "what do you miss most?" He goes: "Big, stretchy climbs, and climbing without spurs."😂

Bigtwig: Thanks brother. My life is basically a struggle between trying not to drink too much and trying not to drink too little😆

Back