The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

The Official Work Pictures Thread

Tree09

Treehouser
I've slit mine up for drain holes after the fact, it never comes out of the weather. Rather than drilling I'll just run a cutting wheel in just a bit so give it a spot to drain. Wayyyyyyy faster and easier than a drill, and it seems less inviting to insects since it's really thin.

BeerGeek

Tree Numbnutz
Started a multi-day, multi-tree take down job, as I had 2 brush monkeys today. Two 70+ ft. maples, one over house, bushes, walk and well. The second was out in the yard, but one limb threatened house and one top would have landed in the street. Lots of rigging on those 2, and was able to bomb the rest on the 2nd tree. Will be heading back tomorrow to pick up logs, then will be back next week for white pine, another big maple overhanging pool in back and some others threatening the back fence. 3.5 to 4 days work, and he's paying by the day, plus disposal for all wood.

Pics from me in first maple of future pine (we took off some dead stuff on bottom today):
fras_1.jpg

fras_2.jpg

From up in the 1st maple, shots of the second maple we mostly bombed:
fras_3.jpg fras_4.jpg

Brush Monkey pics:
fras_1_1.jpg

fras_1_3.jpg

The lower right limb was hung up in the tree behind it, so didn't risk bombing it and having the butt swing through the picture window, and the highest top was actually hanging 15 ft over into the road, and was leaning that way, so rigged those 2 down. Bombed the rest:
fras_2_1.jpg

The pine has the HO's power line running up the left side, and they've had it knocked out ~6 times already from broken limbs hitting it. Will be topping and flopping next week when I have the manpower:
fras_3_1.jpg

cory

Tree House enthusiast
You done gone crane crazy!

Me too, this week.

Used the 55 with the Ace operator to do 4 jobs over 3 days, half climbing, half bucket. One of the trees today was a pretty huge pin oak, 3'x85', it went especially fast and smooth. The grade 8 round sling hooks are working out extremely well, I bet they saved 1/2 hour on this oak compared to using a clevis, aka sorew pin anchor shackle

SkwerI

Treehouser
I actually got to use that stupid BMG style grapple for my loader today. Back yard pine tree removal, about 28" diameter. By the end of the job I was quite frustrated and tired of fighting it trying to load the trailer. I know everybody in the world loves them and I am the sole exception, but in my opinion it is a complete PITA. A power rotation would be better, but those are about $8K.

Also a pic of some deer on the golf course from earlier in the week.

20220513_104408.jpg 20220513_104244.jpg 20220509_155730.jpg

CurSedVoyce

California Hillbilly
Works great for some things. Wish I had one some days. I think I can make my root grapple easier to heel boom with by adding a toothed piece of iron. Dragging can be done with both. Tighter gates, maybe the bmg is better. Feeding a chipper probably better too. But I make the grapple I have work. Or is that grapnel.

SeanKroll

Treehouser
It takes time to be able to sprint fast. Day 1 isn't it.

Most miniskids, the height-loss on a power rotator is important. Telescopic is a different animal. Articulated loaders might also be that way. Dunno.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I agree, Looking good!

Big production, Rich. Is that the company log truck in the back ground or do you sub it out

treebilly

Student of the Jedi
Company. We’re looking for an actual log truck next. That truck is more like a debris truck. The loader capacity isn’t really high enough for what we do. It does save a ton of time though

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!