The Official Random Video Thread!

I already knew this stuff, but most people don't really understand how things work, or consider the small details that makes things work, so I like videos like these:

This is crazy. The fact that he even did it is a testament to his endurance. Is this the smartest thing to do at the highest point on Earth? Absolutely not. He could have cut someone nearby with his crampons and his personal anchor almost got in they way where he could have landed on his head.

He apparently set a new world record, but I don't think this is a trend I support.

Might be some interesting ideas here for people to try...

Here's a text recipe given by a guy on lemmy...

1.2l water

240ml sodium sulfate

60ml sodium chloride

20ml xantham gum(optional for increased efficacy by keeping the solution homogenous)

Boil water, stir until fully dissolved, a small amount of solute should remain, if not, increase sodium sulfate concentration slowly until it does, indicating no free water molecules available for dissolution.

Solution should now be cooled to below 18c( freezing point) for an end product that will regulate temperature to 18c so long as it have sufficient(negative) thermal energy.

Solution of pure sodium chloride will have freezing point approx -20C, while solution of pure sodium sulfate has freezing point +35C. Adjusting the ratio of NaCl to Na2SO4 will shift the freezing point towards either end of thag spectrum, depending on what phase change temperature you are targetting.

Might be some interesting ideas here for people to try...

Here's a text recipe given by a guy on lemmy...

1.2l water

240ml sodium sulfate

60ml sodium chloride

20ml xantham gum(optional for increased efficacy by keeping the solution homogenous)

Boil water, stir until fully dissolved, a small amount of solute should remain, if not, increase sodium sulfate concentration slowly until it does, indicating no free water molecules available for dissolution.

Solution should now be cooled to below 18c( freezing point) for an end product that will regulate temperature to 18c so long as it have sufficient(negative) thermal energy.

Solution of pure sodium chloride will have freezing point approx -20C, while solution of pure sodium sulfate has freezing point +35C. Adjusting the ratio of NaCl to Na2SO4 will shift the freezing point towards either end of thag spectrum, depending on what phase change temperature you are targetting.

The blue mixture in the thumbnail is such clickbait.

Back