The Official Random Video Thread!

This dude as a brass set...

Hold my drink, I'm down. I'll do that shit on my 1963 Shwinn American, as soon as I get a new wheelset. Crap, just about every bicycle I own needs a new wheelset. To be fair, I've got the wheels for it, it's just hell finding that Shwinn specific size of tubes and tires...S7 for that bike if I remember correctly. My '72 Shwinn speedster wants for S5s. I could have those two backwards... The micargi honestly needs a IGH, or perhaps a lower tooth count on the crank.

But, but what about electric? Going green, and all that.

Makes me wonder if investing in new ICE technology is even a smart investment.

Sure thing, new engine designs keep improving efficiency. That's great. But what good is it if you can't afford the fuel?

The internal combustion engine's days are not over yet. But I can see in the future they're going to be more expensive to own and operate.

In the spring / summer of 2019 I was traveling from the coast over to Covelo (Mendocino Pass) on average 3 days a week. Elevation gain of 7,000 feet. Traveling Forest Service roads. The purpose of which was to follow the spring and summer bloom. I love the mountains.

Point being the price of gas. At most stations along Hwy 101 regular gas was about 2.70. Round trip I was averaging less than 20 mpg, low gears in the mountains you know, and averaging 200 to 250 miles a day. So gas was costing me between $25 and 30 dollars per day. 3 days a week, for 4 months. So figure about $1400 in gas, just to take pictures of flowers in the mountains.

To do that today would cost me about $4200.00 in gas alone. Whoa!

Definitely cramping my style. Hey, I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon.

Hilarious!

As reformed scooter trash myself, I have to say that earring phukin got me! Half an hour hanging around the crew, would've see that thing attached to him in an entirely new and creative location...

Back