The Official Random Video Thread!

Right rear tire of the tractor makes contact at front left quarter panel. The tractor doesn't swerve sideways, the whole thing immediately jerks up and over as the big ag tire climbs the explorer. That's what flips the tractor.

I see what you mean. Thanks.

I don't know specifically what a PIT manuever is, more than a way to cause the other vehicle to lose control.

Maybe meant to spin the vehicle to where the pusher is perpendicular to the pushed???

I see what you mean. Thanks.

I don't know specifically what a PIT manuever is, more than a way to cause the other vehicle to lose control.

Maybe meant to spin the vehicle to where the pusher is perpendicular to the pushed???
Yes sir, the idea is to cause the target vehicle to loose traction and force a spin. Ideally, by using the front corner of the PIT vehicle to push the rear of the target, at or near the real wheel. Often the target vehicle will end up somewhat caught by the cruiser, pushed sideways in a kind of "gentle" t bone position.

Unless your pursuer is Trooper Byrd of the Arkansas State Police, then you gonna go for a ride! That dude will PIT you at 110mph, into an interstate median wall. Lots of good chase footage on the youtube, just type in Trooper Byrd, and enjoy the carnage. Total legend.

Mike Rowe is the voice that narrated my early adulthood. I'd listen to that dude narrate just about anything. For him to be just as wholesome as he's always seemed, both on and off the screen, renews my faith in humanity. His youtube is worth a subscription, it's always interesting.

I'm not familiar with him. I've seen the name around, but never seen him before. I haven't really watched tv since the early 90s, aside from being at my mother's house, and a few select shows I "found" laying around.

I'm not familiar with him. I've seen the name around, but never seen him before. I haven't really watched tv since the early 90s, aside from being at my mother's house, and a few select shows I "found" laying around.
Make yourself familiar. He was the narrator and or host of some of the best educational television ever produced. His YouTube channel is top five on my "Daughter's List"

That's a prestigious list. Only the best channels, fully approved for my girls to enjoy unsupervised. They must exhibit good morals, ethics, citizenship, and personal interactions. The content must be educational, accurate within a reasonable degree, and no sex. You know, proper "dad said I could watch this" kid stuff.

In the spirit of Gerry's recent recommendation, here's an oldie but a goodie

I've got a few more links along this line. Believe it or not, I make new hires sit through these old safety videos. The information is still good, and Shake Hands With Danger cost someone some serious cash to make.

Last edited:
I bought this a couple weeks ago, and fired it up a couple days ago...

It's really cool, and fun to watch. Best $20 I've spent in awhile. You can control and extend it with an app, but I don't like using propriety software. The handful of built in modes are sufficient.

View attachment 134310
Hmm, add another 30-40 bucks worth of shooms and have an awesome Tuesday night...

Back