The Official Random Video Thread!

It's hard to tell what's going on at the rigging point, too quick. In run/stop motion, it looks like a pulley held on the sling by a biner, but what brakes ? All disappears from one picture to the other

The old version of the vid was of a better quality. But only a poor version runs around nowadays. It shows in some compiles like "idiots at work".

Got lucky in a creek draw once up in Utah. Dad and I were racing in beautiful powder and he was in the lead. All of a sudden, I felt the skis point steeply down and then right back up and I was looking at sky. Then landed on my back. Splayed out, I did not sink far. It took me a bit to get my skis off and use them crossed to pull my self up and out. About all you could see of me before my self rescue were my gloved hands holding my pole handles and my goggles. That draw was well over my head. I got seriously lucky. Just fresh powder looking pretty much flat..
Tree wells are best avoided. Never had the pleasure. Was always taught to not to. Same for my beginner students. Stay away from the trees and even out of the powder. Had a 3' + kid not listen to me one and all we we could see was her head. Not a tree well, but deep enough powder it swallowed her whole when she fell.

That's crazy. Dude emptied an entire clip (13 rounds) and all of the shots went just shy right of the "maintenance man" and his compadre and then that guy fired two shots at him.

The Go Fund Me feels a bit opportunistic, but I'm not judging either. The guy understandably wants to move out and if he's struggling and people want to help him out, then God bless him.

If someone were doing that at my door, I'd probably do something similar. Thank goodness for Castle laws and any other similar laws which allow a homeowner to protect their kin and property with a firearm once a perpetrator steps on said property under effectively all circumstances so long as the property owner feels threatened.

I would hate to have been in that situation and killed the guy. Not because I care about him, but because of the legal headache. I mean, I would rather not ever have to hurt anyone for any reason. I'm ultra passive as a human being and, although I think violence has a place in this world, it is hardly the best course of action.

Thanks for sharing that @cory. Do you know what state that was in?

Back