The Official Random Video Thread!

As an old Tameshiwari expert, I have to say, those tiles break if you stare hard at them.
Yes, and they are clearly designed in arch form to maximize the forces directed at their top/center. However, that tiny girl still had to generate enough staying power to break through even the final, separated tile. The very fact that she elected to slam her forehead into them at all is pretty badass in my opinion. She's a martial arts actress and she has a lot of talent with whatever discipline(s) she fights in. Her movies are B-musement, but the action sequences are very entertaining. But yeah, I suppose you're correct in diminishing some of the "glory" that comes from head butting those tiles. I think I'm rambling again. I think I need to see a medical professional about that ha!

Five or so years back my brother (travelled a lot in his youth) did a road trip in Russia, crossed over near Finland (now part of NATO thanks to Putin’s miscalculation, with Sweden in the process of joining) then meandered back through Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Kazakhstan, then back through the south, Ukraine. Border crossing was tense but do-able at the time.
His verdict was that the cities are nice but the rest of the country is in a terrible state, desperately poor infrastructure, roads with holes you could lose a car in. Terrible housing, people living in medieval conditions.

Once he crossed the border back into Poland (EU) he said it was like Germany, great roads, modern infrastructure, modern housing.

Doesn’t suprise me the Ukrainians look to their Polish neighbours and want to emulate that rather than be a hooked up to a dysfunctional pariah.

Putin wanted less NATO on his doorstep, now he’s got more, much more, plus a war that is already lost, it just depends how he wants to lose it.

I will say Trump was right about Putin and Russia. I’ll give him that. He warned Germany and others against reliance on Russian Gas.

Last edited:
Good post, and I'm not saying you are wrong but iirc trump was basically a fan of putin was he not?

good find but it won't play, can you gift it? And I aint gonna look it up but I know trump spoke highly of putin on a number of occasions including iirc when he first invaded ukraine.

I mean, I am not saying he doesn’t say dumb stuff, but he understood how Russia felt it had Germany and other western countries by the balls with the gas pipeline.

Plus the dichotomy of NATO being all about combatting Russian threat whilst paying Russia tons of money for the gas.

He had a point.

Five or so years back my brother (travelled a lot in his youth) did a road trip in Russia, crossed over near Finland (now part of NATO thanks to Putin’s miscalculation, with Sweden in the process of joining) then meandered back through Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Kazakhstan, then back through the south, Ukraine. Border crossing was tense but do-able at the time.
His verdict was that the cities are nice but the rest of the country is in a terrible state, desperately poor infrastructure, roads with holes you could lose a car in. Terrible housing, people living in medieval conditions.

Once he crossed the border back into Poland (EU) he said it was like Germany, great roads, modern infrastructure, modern housing.

Doesn’t suprise me the Ukrainians look to their Polish neighbours and want to emulate that rather than be a hooked up to a dysfunctional pariah.

Putin wanted less NATO on his doorstep, now he’s got more, much more, plus a war that is already lost, it just depends how he wants to lose it.

I will say Trump was right about Putin and Russia. I’ll give him that. He warned Germany and others against reliance on Russian Gas.

I mean, I am not saying he doesn’t say dumb stuff, but he understood how Russia felt it had Germany and other western countries by the balls with the gas pipeline.

Plus the dichotomy of NATO being all about combatting Russian threat whilst paying Russia tons of money for the gas.

He had a point.
It's funny) If some countries trade with each other, then this is normal. When Russia trades with another country, it is done only to hold this country by the balls!)

The fact that the construction of Nordstream ll continued after Putin's annexation of Crimea is most likely what lead him to belive, he would meet no resistance from the rest of Europe, when he invaded Ukraine.

Sure Trump adored Putin, just like he did every other "strong man" dictator, but in the case of Nordstream, he was definitely right.

Japanese seem to relish in fiddly labor intensive tasks. I bet I'd be angry at what those ink sticks cost(too cheap) if I were making them.

Back