The Official Random Video Thread!

My uncle had a flathead six in an old pick up truck in ME, twas very cool!

Cool vid, Gerry.

Pretty sure that is an osprey btw.

I'm surprised the bird didn't peck at him during the process.

Anyway, vids like these are exactly why for the past year or two I never go into the woods or to the beach without, scissors, wire cutters, and pliers :rockhard:

Haven't had a chance to use them yet

It did sink a talon in his left thumb...he was very cool and controlled as he extricated himself. Lots of folks would have panicked when the talons locked down. I think his DT's are understandable...that beak could have done some great harm. His knife seemed very sharp, too.

M and I did the same sort of process, rescuing a screech owl from deep entanglement in bird netting we had on frames over our blueberry bushes...twice in 3 days!

I held the little bastard while M used tiny nail scissors to cut the plastic mesh free; he/she punished me several times with talon and beak, even though I wore blue palm gloves. Lot of power in those raptor tools of capture.

Thanks for this link, Gerry. A good one.

Might remind us of how really hard it can be, to just be making a barely stinkin' living.

"most people have good intentions" :/:

I'd like to see his source for that statement.

Last edited:
"most people have good intentions" :/:

I'd like to see his source for that statement.

C'mon Dave, you should know optimist, motivational-speak like that. Wouldn't fit his role of "trying to inspire" if he actually spoke the truth (as there sure are more w/bad ones around this swamp I live in). Just saying....

Last edited:
Back