The Official Random Video Thread!

Through my life I believe I've run into as many of one as I have the other. I just don't happen to think there is a big majority of "good" folks from my experience. Then again, "good" is up for debate too I suppose...

"Intentions ≠ actions." In more complicated issues I'd agree. On a simpler, more personal level I think they generally do.

Last edited:
I personally like the scumbags. You know exactly what you are dealing with. True evil is the one that presents as good. As they twist the knife in your back.

Interesting. I wonder where the vid maker got all that detailed info.

It still whispers to me and even calls loudly once in awhile. My focus right now is getting that excavator back down to the farm to get that pond started draining and then while we let that mess dry out see if the D7 is usable. I haven't given up on it.

It still whispers to me and even calls loudly once in awhile.

I love that.

I find as you get older you learn to listen to that little voice in your head. Sometimes its so little you can't hear it/don't notice it. But it's there and over time, you learn it"s value.

Maybe Gary wasn't being that metaphysical with his usage above, but it spurred me to post :dude:

It is a victim of deferred maintenance. Grandaddy used to keep it sprayed and that controlled the lily pads...he died in 1988. It has not gotten the attention it needs for years. We had an overabundance of coon tail in the 90s and my father used grass carp to control it. But a regular program of spraying for lily pads and dollar bonnets did not happen. I have sprayed a few times in the last 2 years but that is not enough. As the pads grow and die they slowly fill the pond. We now have big areas of "trembling earth" that are semi-solid...can't walk on them but they grow grass. And ponds fill in with sediment from different sources over the years. The last time this pond was drained was 1975...over 45 years ago. Our goal is to drain it, let it dry enough (maybe a year or two) that we can get equipment out into the "flats" and dig out areas that need it. Also to repair the dams where the beavers have wreaked havoc. It's a very major undertaking; we will be learning a lot as we go. The old-timers in the family that did this stuff years ago are mostly gone. I have some older cousins that I can tap for their experiences to help.

While the water is down I plan to do some amateur archaeological searching for the old mill...the excavator should help with that. We have already used the ex to cut a trail to the likely mill site. I found the 2 old bridge abutments about 3 weeks ago thanks to the path the excavator cut.

1641769370372.jpeg

That's super fun Gary. I love finding old remains of human occupation, and little bits of treasure here and there. It's objectively 100% worthless, but it's fun and intriguing. Pick up a little piece of junk and marvel over the history of it getting placed and abandoned. I could have spent weeks at my city job just scraping through the dirt and finding bits of historic detritus. That's better than DisneyWorld :^)

Back