The Official Random Video Thread!

Gonna burn shat up cranking for that long. And you might want to replace the glow plugs. Serious.
no glow plugs or grid heater, and the block heater is chooched

ive got 3 1100CCA batteries in it and the starter doesnt even get warm, this is just how these old diesels were designed to start in the cold, only way to warm them up was cranking and letting compression warm the cylinders

What kind of Tesla is that? Or is that one of those cars that runs on hydrogen with a byproduct of drinkable water? Either way, you're doing the planet a huge service.

Hehe, I'm just f*cking with you. I don't know what a cold start is, unless you're talking about waking up for work during a Massachusetts winter, having to take the dogs out for a pee and poop in the snow heh heh
cold starting is when you go out and freeze your nuts off starting an engine in the cold, like really cold
mainly old diesels, they are always fun starts with lots of cranking, clanging, smoke, and the "I hope this starts" factor is always nice too

since nobody asked me to but I decided to do it anyways, heres some more video, also I keep forgetting its not flipflop and shorts weather and it sucks

do it go stututu?

Last edited:
I wouldn't work when its below 30. Hard on me, and hard on equipment. I'd at least preheat the block, which can be done cheaply with a couple cheap Chinese diesel heaters an hour a head of time.

I used to run a Vermeer 1500 with no muffler, just a short pipe on top straight off the turbo. Super loud. And a chip truck with a hole in its short straight pipe, and a hole in the floor. I always wore earplugs in it. Conversation was near impossible, but my ear plugs made voices easier to hear.

I wouldn't work when its below 30. Hard on me, and hard on equipment. I'd at least preheat the block, which can be done cheaply with a couple cheap Chinese diesel heaters an hour a head of time.
My CAT leaks so bad I could just flick a cigarette out next to it and it would warm the whole jobsite up for a few minutes, now I'd be out of a truck to drive home but I'd be warm and so would the block

Gonna be honest, I very, very rarely work when it's bellow freezing so I'm not too worried about it

BTW this 3116 is at 15 thousand hours and runs like the day it left the factory (minutes the leaks)

Need to bring back pony motors or whatever they called little gas engines for starting big diesels. That way you can't burn out the starter and drain the battery.

This has to be the largest most technical weld a single man being could ever be fool enough to take on.

The whole process is explained by the man doing the weld. I'm impressed.

I've done metal prep and welding on boats, up to half inch aluminum / steel, and the shear scale of this weld really struck me.

It's a long vid, sorry, 2 part. But if you have the time it's good.

ALL of these videos are under 2 MINUTES and display works by one of the best stop motion artists of all time! ENJOY!

Fresh Guacamole by PES | Oscar Nominated Short | Stop Motion

Honda "Paper" by PES | The Complete History of Honda in Stop Motion | Emmy Nominated Short

Roof Sex by PES | His First Animated Short | WARNING ***Metaphorically Explicit with Explicit Sound*** | Stop Motion

Click "watch on YouTube" for this video...

A Boy And His Atom: The World's Smallest Movie that was produced using single atoms.

For context, a single atom is one hundred thousand times smaller than the width of a single human hair! =-O

Here is the description for the video:
You're about to see the movie that holds the Guinness World Records™ record for the World's Smallest Stop-Motion Film (see how it was made at • Moving Atoms: Making The World's Smal... ). The ability to move single atoms — the smallest particles of any element in the universe — is crucial to IBM's research in the field of atomic memory. But even nanophysicists need to have a little fun. In that spirit, IBM researchers used a scanning tunneling microscope to move thousands of carbon monoxide molecules (two atoms stacked on top of each other), all in pursuit of making a movie so small it can be seen only when you magnify it 100 million times. A movie made with atoms. Learn more about atomic memory, data storage and big data at http://www.ibm.com/madewithatoms

Here is the video:

Here's how the movie was made:

Last edited:
This would be a sick way to make your own throw weights (aka throw ball)...

I would do it a bit differently to reduce that amount of areas that could snag on twigs and such, but the base design is worth utilizing for a DIY project.

A Monkey's Fist can be formed without the special equipment shown in the video.

For those of you who like the song...

Last edited:
Free ride! (click "watch on YouTube")

What's amazing about this video is that there are at least two idiots on scene. His friend didn't think to tell him it was a bad idea? You can tell there plan was to cut and abort...but unless you slide down the rails of the ladder (which this guy didn't do), you ain't going to get down fast enough.

I hope this guy was wearing gloves! Free zipline ride! His shoulders are going to feel that for a week. He should have just let it go, but the death grip is impossible to fight sometimes.

Back