The Official Random Video Thread!

If you made it that far, Cory, and didn't get the jest of it, it's not unusual. The conscious universe is based on the "Hard Problem" of consciousness and expanded to the cosmos. It's rooted in philosophy, theory and science. Lots of different interpretations. That one wasn't the best I ever heard, but not the worse either.

That boiler room looked hot and miserable. Looks like it's a game under development. If it can be made to run under gnu/linux, I might get it. I'd love to have a collection of historic virtual places to visit.

Very kind of you to think of me.

I only made it about 4 min, then I FF 2/3 thu and tried it there. No luck.

What's up with all these english chaps and their english accents taking on these concepts.

A Conscious Universe? Dr Rupert Sheldrake

Deep

There are signs of things that take place in the Quantum realm and possibly even memory retained by black holes on a universal level. Some serious theory that physicists are working on mathematically and observing particle behavior. Interesting stuff Gerry.

Seems every chemical, in excess or less than, is bad for life and one's health. But in just the right proportions every chemical appears to play a vital role in what makes life possible. Minute as that role might play.

It's a paradoxical argument. Nonetheless worth investigating. How it plays out in conciseness I'll leave that to the so called experts.

Mere molecules and chemical compounds did not write this.

I am what I am... alive, conscious and a real part of this experience we call life.

How can it (conscious) be? That's the hard problem.

In the meantime we struggle to make sense of it all and survive.

Last edited:
How can it (conscious) be? That's the hard problem.

I'm gonna go with the "Intelligent Design" theory. Whether it's aliens or God is still up for debate. I'm leaning toward God but I try to keep an open mind.
edit: Random collisions of molecules resulting in an organized universe seems a little too far out there for me. I don't have that much faith. Entropy and all that, you know.

I'm agnostic. Neither follower of any religious faith nor atheist of religion. Though I feel strongly there's something greater to the meaning of life than either ideology. And yet here I find myself in the midst of both.

That's the hard problem.

I'm gonna go with the "Intelligent Design" theory. Whether it's aliens or God is still up for debate. I'm leaning toward God but I try to keep an open mind.
edit: Random collisions of molecules resulting in an organized universe seems a little too far out there for me. I don't have that much faith. Entropy and all that, you know.
I agree, and the motivation for continuation and evolution being pleasure...well something doesn't seem quite right there either, maybe it's how he said it, though existence/God is supposed to be always happy overall, and seems to be motivated by glorifying his self which may in some way extend to pleasure being experienced in different ways by different creatures, including the pleasurable experiences of observing and understanding all the different things in our universe, which can bring glory back to God.

How old are you, Brett?

I feel that at my age, as my brain goes, I surely believe in entropy.

Back