The Official Random Video Thread!

The demand for cork in the wine industry is lessening, more and more producers switch to screwtop or synthetic corks.

I saw a video from Chateau Margaux, one of the most expensive wines in the World.
They put a bit of each year's bottles down with screwtop and synthetic corks, just to see how they develop over the years, as opposed to those corked the traditional way.
They said it was because they feared there would soon be an end to oak cork.
That is when I found out about " Cork plague".

My only beef with vaccine acolytes?

Their belief that acquired immunity to covid's inferior to that of the vaccine!

No doubt in my mind that folks immuno- compromised should take the vaccine.....duh!

But healthy kids?

Govt's not infallible, nor can they be depended on to tell the truth, for quite some time now......

Jomo

Last edited:
A while ago, we had something goiung about national anthems ( Or at least I had!)
This fits right in.

But of course they are leaving the best parts of La marseillaise out.

Ha ha, you know dang well that when the operator swung the machine around, he figured there was a good chance of those forks mashing the dude. Looks like he might have let up just a bit to avoid a potential murder charge.

Yup, hard to say what the lead up is but off the top of my head, I'd guess the farmer is going to be up against it, legally speaking

For those of us that run heavy equipment daily trying our utmost to do minimal damage, that video is somewhat disturbing. I have caught myself wondering about friggin' someone up with different pieces. You could kill them in a second or torture the shit out of them. Glad that operator quit before he really regretted it

You don't have to get hit hard for it to hurt. Those heavy machines don't have a bit of give when it comes to bumping into people.

Me too.
As good as it was to see, the follow up is going to be ugly.

Cricket bats can be as individual as the player. Belly, curve, weight. There are some ICC standards though afaik.

Back