The Official Random Video Thread!

Afaik, when lower, reachable vegetation is sparse, sometimes they do what they gotta do to reach the higher vegetation, sans climbing ;)

But either way, that is some savage power

Afaik, when lower, reachable vegetation is sparse, sometimes they do what they gotta do to reach the higher vegetation, sans climbing ;)

But either way, that is some savage power

I saw somewhere that elephants killing trees in that way is how the savanna stays as it is rather than becoming scrub forest.

I don't know if the elephant is looking for the tree's crown. At the end, he's stripping the root's bark. Maybe just a sweety before the lunch ?

A lot of work just for a phone add.

Last edited:
Elephants eat branches.
In fact, they eat branches the size of which is unbelievable.
25 years ago I worked for a forest district that belonged to the city of København ( Copenhagen)
It was given to the people of København by king Frederik III in 1661 as a reward for their bravery during the siege of the city by the Swedes ( One of our numerous wars with them).
So the forest delivered elephant food to the Copenhagen Zoo.

Branches and small trees up to wrist thick.
Once We all went to see the Elephants eat it, so we could get tuned in on what was good.
Wrist thick maple........chew, chew, chew..................gone.

Look at Elephant shit, that is some fiberfilled stuff.

The Zoo didn't pay for it, forest and Zoo belonging to the same city, but each year for our "Julefrokost" the traditional way companies end the year, by getting drunk together, they'd send us a stack of :

The elephant brasher up the tree before felling it, then dealt with his hangup and made it safe...dudes got skeeelzz!

Yes indeed, a catch pole could come in right handy. This ol feller, makes one. Um, yes, I believe he did not vote for Biden. #supercrusty :drink:

A good joke is to tell someone that you have seen something on YouTube right before you do it. The more technical and dangerous something is, the better. I even once told a pipeline inspector that right as we lit up a hot tie in, the guys laughed so hard it became a running joke. That good old boy had obviously done that before, and is in the video from YouTube of all places.

Not to belabor the point, but this one is interesting, girl releases a wolf using zero tools or protection. And later purposefully sets the trap off on her own hand to show the traps hold but don't harm, who knew.

Back