The Official Random Video Thread!

I have yet to watch this but this clip draws me in, I love the way the cadence of the English language mixed with the drug use and magnificent swearing mixes up into someone we all know.

Pig number 1 made a thatch home that went over in a wolf's blow.. Pig number 2 built a house of faggots. The big bad wolf blew his house down in an attempt to prepare his heart and liver as a faggot dish. Alas the wolf was thwarted by a sound brick house.

My how vocabulary has been repurposed.

The tale of the 3 little pigs always sounded like a building convention propaganda prior to building codes and inspections. Daub and wattle with a thatch roof was very popular countryside building method around the world for millennia. Kinda hard to market sticks and straw when they can be gathered for free. Yes brick and morter with a slate roof may have been progress, but an absolute labor/financial paradigm shift. It must have taken subtle indoctrination prior to the building codes institution to soften the blow of incredibly restrictive laws.

Sorry about the tangential rambling. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I do like to speculate as to source and origin of what we accept as common knowledge.

I'm surprised the guy didn't use the term faggots. I was really expecting it. Faggot is still used in pipe organ terminology, likely meaning a wooden pipe possibly with a wooden reed.

Yo, as usual, a Rogan episode is pretty sweet. This is longer than most vids posted here but I'm posting because imo it is worthy. Full disclosure- I fell asleep in the middle but after finishing the whole thing, I'm glad I heard it all.

Mike Tyson on Rogan re his upcoming charity fight, losing weight and getting back in shape, and all sorts of crazy stuff including Mike riffing for 10 minutes straight on world history. Unique, to say the least.

Last edited:
Mick, my post was a response to post 11,099 posted by fiddler. If you get a chance watch the bit it's fun. Might I suggest leaving a bread crumb trail if you get lost again. I'll read you that story if you like. Hahaha

Apparently the blade's angle of attack is articulated a bit up and down constantly to battle vibrations or excessive turbulence created??

No, for steering/movement. It creates lift on one side, then transitions to negative or less lift on the other, to change the flight angle. So, one side always has more lift. THe whole disk has even lift when the controls are neutral.

Oh ok. It was going up and down so fast and rythmically that I figured it was part of the regular full time movement of the blade.

"Helicopters...just 'effin' rocks in the sky, always barely half a moment from experiencing full on gravity"...quote from one of my favorite USFS helo pilots ever to fly with. Old guy when I wasn't yet one :). Viet Nam vet, smoothest man on the stick and pedals I ever flew with.

He made flying nearly sideways, skids pointed to one horizon, blades to the opposite, feel solid and safe. Calm, he always was. Pointed out that "ain't nobody shooting at us, eh? With that out of the way, the rest is easy".

I recall another quote from him..."Flying a helicopter is like keeping a heavy duty floor polisher balanced on top of a bowling ball...it's not too hard until you lose that balance, then it gets hard right quick to get it back on top".

Last edited:
He was a character, Gary. Gray hair long like the hippiest hippie ever, worn in a braid. Looked at you like an eagle eyeing a rabbit, until you measured up. Not yelping when his ship went sideways was part of getting to that place of acceptance :).

Once he decided you were OK, he'd fly that 205 into the gates of hell to help you do your job.

He decided I was solidly OK when I was working as a landing spotter for him...not officially qualified or sanctioned to operate under his ship...he was to drop a load of pumps, hose, fittings, and fuel on a fire I was managing a contract falling crew on. I was there to pick up more saw mix and some saw chains for my contract cutters.

Long lining in a pallet load, supposed to disconnect by electric grapple to leave the load at touchdown...but the grapple hung in the webbing securing the load as he lifted off. The unexpected load caused the ship to peel off on a tied down tangent at the end of the 150 foot cable, headed for the 150 foot tall timber on the outer edge of the LZ. He was fighting it back upright, but loosing the battle.

I dunno how I decided what needed doing, but somehow I darted in from the edge of the LZ, pulled my flickblade, and cut the webbing away from the grapple. He chopped tippy top branches with his blades as he ascended free.

My new best friend :). There was a little splashback from some overhead pukes about me not having the quals to get under that ship when things went sideways...but that pilot kicked azz and kept the weenies off my back.

We had some interesting times, back in those days.

Last edited:
This could go in the martial arts thread, but may get more exposure here:

The video starts with the marine who is asking to be shown the technique being apprehensive. He is asking smart questions about how hard he should do it because he doesn’t want, “to mess up.”

Many people would be skeptical about such a technique, especially using a knife-edge chop. There are many fabled martial arts techniques that are heard of but rarely seen. A lot of masters won’t teach dangerous leg locks not because they don’t work but in fact, they work too well. With such mystical techniques, it is sometimes hard to separate fact from fiction.

The science wouldn’t support such a technique, as the brachial chop, being able to knock an opponent or aggressor out but the video clearly shows its effectiveness. Ultimately the angle of the video prevents us clearly seeing where the strike lands on the neck but if you watch the arms of the marine who collapses back into the wall it would strongly suggest he is an Oscar-worthy actor or that he just got KO’d.

That was insane.

That vid and others linked to vids of hippos saving various animals from crocodiles, apparently hippos despise crocs and look for most any reason to dole out serious punishment to them. :drink:

Back