The Official Random Video Thread!

Just film made by the American army, just as WW2 ended.
Showed how most German cities were simply turned into rubble.

That was not my point at all, Mick.
They got what they deserved.
It was just some interesting, not seen before, film.

Seing those people picking through the rubble, starting their lives over again, sort of made me laugh at this whole Corona mess.

Now I can't see the video either.
Weird.
Maybe WW2 was just a hoax, too.

Good footage....could not watch directly from the House...it re-directed me to youtube link. Lots of people pushing carts of belongings to relocate. At 3:00 or so...big crowds, almost NO battle age young men in the crowd...all away fighting it seems. The V2 site was interesting, too.

re unavailable- my puter does that to most vids but if i double click quick in the lower right corner (where the youtube icon is found), it will play.

Unavailable video could be due to privacy addons/settings. Dunno what browsers you guys are using, but Firefox allows a fairly tight privacy setting in the preferences. That /could/ be what's causing it. I keep things pretty locked down with addons, and sometimes have to allow scripts I typically keep blocked to see inline videos.

That was not my point at all, Mick.
They got what they deserved.
It was just some interesting, not seen before, film.

Seing those people picking through the rubble, starting their lives over again, sort of made me laugh at this whole Corona mess.

Now I can't see the video either.
Weird.
Maybe WW2 was just a hoax, too.
Didn’t see the vid, so my opinion is not worth much.

with enough clicking I was able to make it play. Interesting to watch. I recall a lot of that kind of film, not necessarily color, growing up in the 50's an 60's.

I think the new generation has forgotten history and how we got to where were are today.

And don't forget what Ike said, Folks.

They were always a bit confusing to me until I started using one every day

In the us, you are supposed to have the ratchet on the driver side by dot law. Interesting way to tie up the loose end, i doubt I'll change but not bad! I usually fold and then clove hitch it to the strap, or go around something once and come back with a tautline. I've also seen truckers simply fold it up, lift the handle, insert it, and then close the handle locking it in place, but i never messed with trying it that way.

I do it the last way you mention, pinning it in the handle after folding, but it can still work loose sometimes. I also have pinned the folded strap by placing it under the strap portion being tightened. Works good, not always an option with certain objects.
I am going to try what he did in the video. At least it will be entertaining to watch the boys try and figure it out.

I really needed that video...thanks! They have confused me for years....I have recently started learning to actually use them. Even when I had them available I always went for rope first...now it's 50/50. From the video's comments: "This guy is the Rock Star of ratchet straps! " :lol:

Yup, it appears we do have some ratchet strap morons in the 'House :D.

JK...some good tips there. Nothing new to me, but good stuff for many, I'm sure.

100%

I'd like to take that pistol course, learn a lot and have some fun doing it

If you dig him, I'm halfway thru this podcast now and it is excellent. Plus the guy has a great sense of humor.

Back