The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 293K
My Sister's new dog Ozzie visited for a while today. Good happy, friendly pup about a year old. Should grow up to be some good protection for Sis.

Attachments

• DSCF1168.jpg
    DSCF1168.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF1170.jpg
    DSCF1170.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 33
mnVpdzj.gif

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KDpJZ_4gMEc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ARE4hBSa7iQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sunday is Charlie's favourite day.
Corner of toast and marmalade after her breakfast, long walk in the afternoon and chicken and gravy after our roast dinner.
Here she is on her own chair (€1000 I kid you not, it had to match ours)
She's 11 now and still in good health.
Long may it continue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 20
:) I ove that picture.

How did a female dog end up wirh a male moniker?

Mine have a Dog couch, too.
A very fine antique thing that I inherited from my best friend's grandmother and re-upholstered.
Somehow it ended up as a doggie coiuch in the kitchen.

We got her aged 4 from a hippy girl who called her Cha Cha, short for Chandra who's some kind of Hindu god.
So it sort of morphed, like many dogs she has a number of different names depending on her behaviour. Ranging from charming the clients at the good end to eating cat shit at the other.

Otis has his own couch as well..though a bit more affordable. Strategic placement assures he can keep an eye on me is several rooms.;)

Not sure if I put up the pics of his new buddy Ozzie yet.

Attachments

• otis 006.jpg
    otis 006.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 36
  • otis 001.jpg
    otis 001.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 35
  • otis 003.jpg
    otis 003.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 36
Great pics. Charlie looks right pleased in her chair.

My bigguys got leftover stew on their kibble this morning as a treat. A couple happy hounds milling about.

Your succes with Otis has made me think seriously about getting a "used" dog next time.
Sam will last a year more with luck and I really don't want Thais to be left alone.
He hasn't the personality to handle that well.
I also don't want to start out with a new pup, since >I don't want to end up being too old to give it the life it deserves.

So, I'm thinking about getting a 2 year old "Reject".
I have enough confidence in my ability as a dog trainer to belive, I can pull it off, and seeing how you and Otis get along has confirmed that idea.

We do have our issues Stig, but I've dealt with other dogs that were mistreated, or formerly owned by others...they do take a bit more patience sometimes..all depends on the dog. I've learned to have patience as some things show up that I think may be a reaction to his earlier life, so might take more work to overcome.

I've had dogs that were a lot easier to train than Otis. He has a mind of his own, and does some goofy things I just haven't figured out yet, but I'm sure your aware that's all just part of the deal of training.

Geeze, Stig. Yer only 58, should have a lot of good dog years left in you.

Jim, I'm 59.
Entering the twilight zone, where one can kick the bucket any time.
I am very aware of my own mortality, and don't want to leave too many good canine friends behind when I go.
That would really suck, both for me and them.

After marrying the mail order bride, I had an old school friend, who is a lawyer, make me a complicated will.
The way things works here, if the mail order bride dies before me ( And that would even mean minutes befoer, like if we were both killed in a car crash) my family would inherit everything.
That means my sociopath of a brother, that I kicked out of my life 35 years ago and told that if I ever saw him again, he'd earn a trip to the hospital, would inherit it all.
NO way that is going to happen.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wWxe-nyM0xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back