The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
Wow that's a good looking dog!! I always wanted one like that but the wife was afraid of the long hair shedding. So we got our white dog and he is shedding so much we have to sweep the floor everyday now lol
What's his name?

Well the name certainly fits him! I was thinking shepherd and Akita or along those lines but I've heard malamutes are large dogs as well. A good dog is better than an alarm system imo

Pete, that Bear of yours is clearly a useless animal...hugging up like that.

Attachments

• J and M lounge.jpg
    J and M lounge.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 50
Not how it works for M and me, Butch. We need a few years to get over the loss, if history tells. Then, sure...it'll happen.

If I recall, you still feel the grief of the death of your dog so deeply, you can't consider another, ever...making do with those cats. No slam on cats, mind you, but the interaction generally doesn't match what it would be with a canine. Just noting...if you think I need one, how about you?

I understand, I really do...I'm just pointing out that if you have decided that it's too difficult to take the emotional hardship, it's not really your place to assert that we need to "get a puppy" just yet.

It's what I would do if I had any plans on ever having another dog.

I bet Jasper agrees with me... you need a puppy. I bet that would make him happy.

This will be year 16 with my old girl Biscuit. Not so common for an aussie/border collie to last this long. She gets an arthritis shot once a month and her eyes are pretty cloudy. She will still go on patrol if you let her, but she pays for it for a couple of days afterwards. Hard to explain the connection.
When the time comes I figure a Lab would be a good replacement for the kids.
I hope I dont have to do her in myself, kinda hoping she just goes to sleep. One thing is for sure, she will not be going to the vet to be put down. I will do it at home.

313_29698982686_2093_n.jpg

Well, hopefully there will be time to get the injection from the vet. He said he would send me home with a general anesthetic and the lethal injection so I can do it where she is comfortable. She hates the vet of course.

As much as I hate to think about it, if I had no other options, I would shoot her. I had an agreement with a friend that has an old dog as well. We decided that we would shoot each others dog if there was no other option. I have decided against that plan, I could not let someone else do it.

Our vet, lovely lady and friend of many years that she is, has come out to our house for both Jasper and the fine German Shorthaired pointer Jake, before him. A calm and easy transition for them, at home in their own spaces. She told us beforehand, when you see that it's time call my house, any time of any day. Gave us her private cell number.

For Jake, it was early afternoon on Christmas Eve. For Jasper, a Sunday night about 8pm. We live quite a ways out of town, but it didn't matter.

That's a good vet.

That's a worthy vet that will do that. I imagine that one gets used to such things, and easy enough to understand the compassion behind it, but still it does seem like a tough thing to do.

Back