The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 293K
http://toprockaustralianshepherds.com/

2004party.jpg

You might hear of her.. It's an Aussie Thing :D

My Australian Cattle Dog used to go out with me when I felled trees. At first I would have someone hold on to her collar so she didn't get into the drop zone. She learned exactly what was going on and would stay where I put her watching the tree fall. She wouldn't move until the tree hit the ground.

The coyotes are raising hell with the outside rodent patrol (cats). We have been considering a Great Pyrenees for quite some time. Last night Marlene was reading through a regional Paper and found an add for this lil girl! She's 7 months old, I think she is gonna be a fairly big girl!!! DSCF1305.JPG DSCF1309.JPG

Oh, and her name is Buffy.

She has never been inside, and the breed tends to be a bit aloof, with people, especially new people. She has food, water and a dog house between the 2 buildings. She will only be on the leash over-night, trust me I've tried coaxing her into the shop, no sense forcing her, she is quite content to make friends were she is!

We went for a walk around her new yard! I have the distinct impression that she is much better off here! I was told she is shy, nope! I am appauled at how some folks just can't read a critter body language. Then again I spent several years as a professional horse trainer. Forcing any animal to do something will never work, kind of like having to trust a new member of a tree crew!

Nice doggie, Brent.
I have one half of those pyreneese the other half is white alsatian. They tend to roam ( Sam's pet name is ranger!) but they are VERY good watchdogs. Very intelligent but like all those dogs bred to guard ( not drive) sheep or cattle, not particularly obedient, if they believe they know more about something than you do.

You'll have your work cut out for you with that one, but put the hours into training her, and you'll have a heck of a good dog.

Back