The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 293K
Bear is by far the best looking of the two.

They sure are strutting their stuff in that first picture.

max - a great dane - about 4 months at 51 lbs

Attachments

• reload 379.JPG
    reload 379.JPG
    797 KB · Views: 11
Pretty dog. My neighbor has a Great Dane that I loathe. Untrained and unrestrained. I try to remember that she has a bad owner and she doesn't know any better.

Awesome. My Thundy is a Dane/Mastiff cross. Danes are very noble looking imo, he got the dane head only a little wider.

Nice dog!

Attachments

• IMG_7676.JPG
    IMG_7676.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Once I move I hope to take some new pics. Both dogs are quite huge now. The young guy Tank is bigger than Thunder now. They are the two most ferocious looking and sweetest dogs I've ever known. At 2.5yrs for Thundy and 1yr for Tank my daughter can run her hads through their food while they eat with not even a look, tails wagging the whole time. And they're both unfixed, I'm really happy still with both of them and their behavior/training.

Yah they'll only be loose when we're home though. They'll have about 1/4 acre or a little better for their kennel. I'll see how they are about sticking around. I think they'll be good but at my current place they have no choice, my entire yard is fenced and gated so they're always safe. If they wander someone will complain, for sure.

Oh they'll sleep inside in the winter. Thundy is quite short haired and even though I left him out all fall he didn't really get a thick coat.

Tank(spank is his nickname lol) he's a survivor he's furred up for winter, I need some new pics of him. He's grown up to look like the biggest damn rotty you'd never hope to meet. And he's just a suck, neighbor kids come and play with him on their way home from school.

Yup, my daughter regularly makes attempts to ride Thundy. Sometimes he'll stand and she just sits on his back, he fully supports her weight no problem. I don't encourage that extra weight but he doesn't seem to mind at all, it's his choice to stand we never make him do it.

Cool.. One does worry though. I am thinking Thundy knows what he can handle. ;) He'll tell her no eventually.. Or change to just having her lay down with him.

He says no sometimes by walking/running off and she usually falls off pretty quick. The young guy is sturdier seeming but he's still to wild to ride. Lol.

Yah, you can't snuggle these dogs to much, they'll take every second of it you're willing to give them. First dogs I've had like that. It's like they just crave the contact.

Back