The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
Funny mix. His body looks boxer like, and the side view of his head looks almost like a lab. He sure has a long tail.

We would call that an all American. I think ins a nice lookin dog.
My wife says pit/something. sorry

Thanks.

The lady's husband who took him, is all concerned that it might be part pitbull. They are scared some where down the line it'll "unleash it's furry" and get all crazy pit bull like.

I beg to differ, but I'm no dog expert. If that's what its been around it's whole life then sure, maybe that'd happen. The frigging thing is 4 months old with not a mean spot in its body though.

I've been around plenty pits who'd lick your face off before it'd bite you. But I dunno what to tell them.

I'll gladly take him back :D:D:D, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen:( .

Haha, exactly.

He didn't sound to happy with me when I called to see how the dog was.

I got permission, to keep the dog all of a sudden...so... pitbulls are very fierce, mean, and deadly sir :lol:

I seem to recall my mom getting a puppy for me once when I was a kid. I was living with my dad at the time so I only got to see it on Sundays. Germain Shepard mix named Pepper. She only had it a couple weeks and then it was gone. In hindsight she really wasn't in any position to care for a dog. He would have been miserable locked up in the apartment all day by himself.

After working in an animal shelter for a year and owning dogs most of my life I would bet against any Pit Bull being in that dog.

Pits are not mean dogs when they are born, they are protective (like chows), meanness is trained into a dog.

I agree W/Jay's observation. It looks like a cross between Boxer/Lab to me. Great mix. Little stubborn usually (from the boxer) but very attentive and loving.

This husband guy is probably not a dog lover. Just my guess not knowing then at all.

Last edited:
Anybody ever own a boxer? That's one breed I can't quite get a handle on. A relative of mine had one that could scare the pants off you. Whenever anyone came over, he had to be in his maximum security lock up, or something terrible could happen. It was frightening to just be in the house, knowing he was also around somewhere.

The others I've seen, seem pretty high strung.

I know a guy with a boxer. She looks ferocious but she's almost afraid of her own shadow. You have to be careful around her because if you move too fast she will wet herself.

Its not that pits are 'mean' it is that they have a genetic thing going on that they tend to not back down. So when they are with other dogs they can be pushy. If the other dog doesn't like that, it can escalate. Pits will bite and lock on.
Great family dogs, just not so good with other dogs unless they are worked with. But that is much like any dog unless you get one of those golden retriever inbred type dogs that have no brain

Brian, Rufus is a boxer/hound but mostly boxer and he is a great dog. My main vetch is he is too friendly, if he is hanging out on the jobsite and sees somebody 1/2 mile away he just has to go say hello, little problematic if they are scared of dogs..........

My sister and her family had a lovely boxer bitch that was as sweet as the day is long. She liked to run, getting her excercise around the horse farm, but not high strung.

Verdict came in this afternoon:

They are keeping the dog.

They brought him somewhere to try to help ID, they were not worried about the little bit of pit in him, if any.

It's already been sleeping with the kids.

Happy for them.

But that is much like any dog unless you get one of those golden retriever inbred type dogs that have no brain

Hey, hey, hey easy on the Golden Retrievers, they are awsome dogs. You have not met Palmer, he is a very smart dog. I have owned 3 Goldens over the last 26 years.

Glad you found him a good home, Brendon. He looks like a real good dog.

Hey Gigi, we haven't seen any pictures of Palmer lately. I remember when he was just a puppy. :)

Some dogs have a natural way with other animals, like horses.

And then some dogs don't.

I think the young dumb dog got off lucky today.

Attachments

• IMG_7702.JPG
    IMG_7702.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Back