The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
The vet had someone cancel and in Marlin went. I got some chewables that make the dogs jonts produce more fliud for lubrication. Its a start.

He was dropped off without a collar, so no leash today. He went in my Dr's office with me to meet their golden and the vet (no other animals there) "free range".
He was better behaved than being on a leash....lol.
Supurised me at the vet, went 120.5 on the scale. He's stayed within a pound for 3 years now.

Ed

Thank god it isn't kilos.....lol.

A friend got her parents golden when they could no longer take care of him, he crossed the scale at 150. They bought a used minivan to haul him around, he couldn't get in their car or truck. Took a couple years, but they got him down to 110lbs.

Ed

I had to muck our our main culvert at the bottom of the driveway. Being a river torrent down there and soon to be whirl pool, I only took Paisley and not the new pup, Skye. Paisley promptly cleaned her muddy self off all over the love seat and mom's (Katy) freshly folded laundry after digging up gophers in the torrent.
So then Katy lets Skye out since she needed potty time and Skye took off to see what Paisley had got into. Called her back, soaked to the bone and exhausted, fell at my feet. 20221231_142651.jpg

Last edited:
Well it has finally happened. Drove down to Kristiansand in the south of Norway yesterday.

We picked up a 9 week old Jämthund puppy. We were due to get one last summer but there was a phantom pregnancy. This one was successful.

Purebred dog from good stock. She has settled in pretty well, had a few disruptions last night but on the whole seems to be settling in well: the kids are loving her.

Meet Kira. 9 weeks old and gonna get much bigger.

78F2754D-D8F7-4678-9406-77CB659390A4.jpeg

4E558C24-A5EE-4263-89EF-D3C5CBF3E8EE.jpeg

D651D270-B51B-48F6-969C-4BCDF08B7D35.jpeg

B66A1A1E-51E4-4318-987E-4F185F9736A5.jpeg

E00837A0-C697-4180-9E9A-26F837749720.jpeg

Last edited:
For others unfamiliar...

Although calm and affectionate with its family, the Swedish Elkhound can be dominant with other dogs and has a strong prey drive. A truly all-around canine, it can go from a hunting trip and back to the family hearth with great aplomb. It takes things in stride and does not get ruffled easily, making it a steady partner in the field or at home.

The Swedish Elkhound is a happy learner who loves to please its owner.

Back