The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

1719338161-20240625.png

alt text:
Pro Wrestling is the most realistic form of entertainment, in that nothing means anything, but everyone still gets hurt.

1719338161-20240625.png

alt text:
Pro Wrestling is the most realistic form of entertainment, in that nothing means anything, but everyone still gets hurt.
Wrestling is basically a soap opera for men (and some women). They are designed to maximize an endless array of drama and brutality using men and woman with premiere and attractive physiques. It is entirely scripted and works hard to elicit a reaction from the viewers, just like a soap opera. It's a more high adrenaline, high testosterone/HGH version of Days of Our Lives. Wrestling is also a massive spectator sport, which adds a gladiatorial element to everything, keeping the crowds highly engaged.

lolol, this is funny.

I'm so glad that I have straight, curl-less hair and that I can wear my hair as short as I want. Up until a few days ago, I hadn't had a haircut in 9 months and my hair was quite long; but now it's completely buzzed down nice and short. But I digress...

My point is that, thanks to having low maintenance, straight hair, no matter what length my hair is, I have never used any hair products and the only comb I've ever used are my fingers. I literally don't even own a comb. Even when it's long, I just quickly organize the strands with my fingers for a few seconds and then I move onto much more important matters. No one would ever know.

I've never considered my hair to be something worth spending much time on or much thought into. I had a friend who had a really thick Jewfro (a thick afro of curly hair that a lot of Jewish people have) and he used to have to use an afro pick to keep it tame and voluminous. It always made me laugh back when we would go into the blackest, most dangerous ghettos in Boston to buy illicit substances, and he'd be walking around with the pick just sticking out of the top of his Jewfro the way you see blacks often do.

His name was Johnny Roth, so we used to call him "Jewfro J-Ro." Not entirely sure what happened to him. I hope he was able to overcome addiction like I have.

Wrestling is basically a soap opera for men (and some women). They are designed to maximize an endless array of drama and brutality using men and woman with premiere and attractive physiques. It is entirely scripted and works hard to elicit a reaction from the viewers, just like a soap opera. It's a more high adrenaline, high testosterone/HGH version of Days of Our Lives. Wrestling is also a massive spectator sport, which adds a gladiatorial element to everything, keeping the crowds highly engaged.
I’ve also called it the male soap opera. I don’t watch it anymore like when I was younger but I can appreciate the athleticism, acting, and pain endurance of the wrestlers.

Back