The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

I am more like the scene from Uncle Buck where John Candy gets a call from his brother and sister in law asking if he can watch the kids for awhile.

We finally had a local “buy my waste wood” post on Facebook. It’s not as good as asking for $500 to have someone come and remove their pine tree so they can keep the wood. Must take everything. I don’t understand how people think their trees are so valuable.

Attachments

• 0CD911DC-D790-4973-9253-3AF2D4D5A763.png
    0CD911DC-D790-4973-9253-3AF2D4D5A763.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 17
I'd love to know what thought processes conclude a bug filled ash log is worth $50. That's about gas station firewood price, and you have to smallify it yourself :^D

People are nuts. They see lumber prices and think “im sitting on a goldmine”. I had a lady tell me the saw mill down the road will pay me good money for the stuff I was removing. She wasn’t looking for a discount though. There wasn’t a straight piece of wood in the bunch and mostly it was a bunch of trims. They think you’re going to get $50 for a silver maple crooked branch 3” in diameter. I tell them the wood is worthless until very hard labor and time are spent to make it worth something. The money is in the labor.

The transplants will offer to give me their tree that’s hanging over their house for “free” firewood. I always tell’em to get a quote from a pro and get back with me. People aren’t nuts, they’re just stupid enough to think I am.

Back