The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

Well don't quit your day job.
Your not my target audience for that particular joke but I probably can muster a few Obama jokes that you would like.

We need not be reverent of any elected officials they are representatives of common people, elected by common people with few if any leadership traits to set them apart from anyone else than popularity and a good sales pitch. I'm working on a Nancy Pelosi joke right now.
We live in a republic with democratically elected representatives, not a monarchy needing to bow before a king averting our eyes, so as to never gaze upon emperors lest we see that they wear no clothes!

Well seeing as all of us conservatives get blasted every single day, day in and day out on every media source on the planet with 98% negative insults on our President for the last 4 years straight, to the point where they have pulled out all the stops to sway public opinion and change the next election with false story after false story, then yes some of us are rather sick of the Trump insults.

This isn't the Dave Letterman show and we have a political section if you wish to spew political crap. That's twice.

An old firewood cutter went into town to buy some files to tune up his cross cut saws and sell a couple of cords.

After making purchase of his files the shop keep asks if he may make a suggestion and the old cutter obliges him.
"How many cords do you cut a day with your saws? ", asked the shop keep.
"A half a cord, what's it to ya?", responded the old cutter.
"If you give me those 2 cords of yours I will trade you this", offers the keep as he presented a chainsaw, "and with this chainsaw you will be able to cut 2 cords a day and save your back for the splitting. "
The old firewood cutter makes the trade with the fantastic promise in mind and heads home.
The old cutter returns to the shop after only five days and shouts at the shop keep, "I want my my money for the cords and you can keep this junk. Try though I may I could only make 3/4 of a cord a day blisters and all. Definitely not the 2 cords a day that you promised."
"Let's see what the trouble is.", says the shop keep as he flips the on switch, choke, pulls the cord 3 times and brings the saw up to full rev.
"Wooow what's the noise?!", exclaims the old firewood cutter.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but look back through the 14 years of posts in this thread and see how many blatantly biased political jokes you find. You won't find Trump jokes, you won't find Obama jokes, you won't find GWB jokes. If you posted Pelosi jokes I'd also ask you to take them to the political forum. Especially with the current environment created by 4 years of media bashing, political jokes are going to piss off about half your target audience regardless of which way you lean. I come here to get away from that crap. If it's in the political forum I can choose not to click on it, but don't blast me with anti Trump insults in the funny joke thread.

Read the 2nd post in this thread from the OP. If that wasn't political, I really don't know what was. Sorry to have upset the joke police.

My response about irreverence was to remind that it's humor and our beloved freedoms and liberties that allow us to look and laugh if we choose.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but look back through the 14 years of posts in this thread and see how many blatantly biased political jokes you find. You won't find Trump jokes, you won't find Obama jokes, you won't find GWB jokes. If you posted Pelosi jokes I'd also ask you to take them to the political forum. Especially with the current environment created by 4 years of media bashing, political jokes are going to piss off about half your target audience regardless of which way you lean. I come here to get away from that crap. If it's in the political forum I can choose not to click on it, but don't blast me with anti Trump insults in the funny joke thread.

2nd post in this thread by the OP read it and tell me why some people are exempt from ribbing. That political joke talked about wishing 2 elected officials dead from no less than 2 countries. Wow now we have cancel culture from both left and right! Again read POST number 1 and 2 from the OP in this thread before you tell me how I'm wrong! I can admit when I'm wrong. Go ahead please explain how that joke was out of context with this thread. Does a new joke thread need to be started with a disclaimer that the sensitive need not read?

Brian, I fully respect you and really didn't think that I was doing something unprecedented in the thread as you claimed. I had read many old posts and found contrary to your notion of not even 1 GWB joke had been posted in 14 years no less than 1 right out of the gate!

As for conservative or liberal. I don't know if you could find a more conservative old time value individual than myself. Once I stopped working for my dad I was in service for a few years. I got to see a lot of the world. I was based out of Italy met my wife got married at 23. My first boy was born a year later and 2nd son 18 months after that. We're a tight knit Italian catholic family that eats dinner together cooked by my wife every night for 19 years now. My boys don't get to do sports unless they have straight A's. I have a great driving record. Sure my teen years were wild. I worked for my dad nonstop but really had to raise myself. He was a great boss but probably way too permissive as a dad. Heck I only buy American made when possible. My wardrobe is very limited as a result. I don't however want my world view to be limited.

Heck I made the whole family study along with my wife when she studying for her USA citizenship. Nobody is more American than those that choose to be. IMHO We speak multiple languages in our house but I'll be damned if English isn't the most important one! I for one find most "conservatives" to be finger pointing back sliding liars, wolves in sheep's clothing every bit as repugnant as all the liberal agenda freaks. Judge not lest ye be judged. So all I have left is a little rib poking humor at a group of the biggest liars and frauds that world has ever produced(all politicians) and you want to take that away from me here in a humor thread?

As a hobby I write jokes for a couple of guys that do stand up comedy and now with corona virus nobody is doing stand up and nobody needs me writing jokes. I was just looking for an outlet. Sorry to have offended anyone.

Last edited:
RELAX... you're not the joke police... If a man wants to bust on the president with a joke or two, laugh or let it go.

A man needs a hobby.

But you are right, of course. I should go back to "Ignore".

Actually, I think after first I, then Gary, then Pete whacked him, he might finally have got the message.

It'll last a while, anyway.

Last edited:
Back