The best picture I ever saw of treework

There was a tree surgery and forestry supplier call A&F in Petworth England, sadly defunct now
In their shop they had a series of pics, it was where we had to go to kit ourselves out at college. Later I went to get all my gear. These pics never failed to impress me, and every student who went there.
It's only since joining The House that I realised the climber is a member.
Chapeau mr Beranak, Chapeau indeed!
Love the tin hat and jeans as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 145
Part of the beauty of Bix' pic is it shows a lot of good fundamental techniques used.

Part of the beauty of Bix' pic is it shows a lot of good fundamental techniques used.

Sure, understood, it's a great pic. No disrespect at all, Bix is a top pro showing great technique.
Took down a big(ish) poplar on Friday, limbs over the house roped down, bombing out big chunks etc,customer took loads of photos on their pad, an increasingly common event I'm sure you'll agree. They sent me a couple and it looked a bit mundane really. Point being, if we're discussing "the best picture I ever saw of tree work" I want pure awesomeness.

Are you smoking?

Here's one of me, just to show willing, felt big at the time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 134
Love it! I still miss smoking, if it didn't kill me, cost a small fortune, and make you unfit and smelly I'd start again tomorrow.
Circa 2000, jeans, husky 272, old style lowering rope, wrapped round the trunk, pulleys smulleys,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 130
Haha. New England climbing line, Elten boots, helmet with ear and eye protection and weaver harness.

Pictures of me from about 89 - 95 era would be jeans, cat boots, earmuffs, combat pants, willans harness and three strand climbing line. Good old daze :)

Thanks Bonner, I took that pic, it's was tough to dial in the lighting.

La Becasse, thanks for putting me right up there with ol' Jer, one handing the 090. I'm pretty sure that he has a cast on and was making that cut from 150 feet. All-time fav pic.

Ayuh. :thumbup::D

I wonder if he was thinkin' "just another day's work"..... ???

.....can't even imagine "work" like that..... :thumbupold:

That's a great shot of that cedar. The way the snow blasts out in all directions just shows the release of energy.

Now that pic of me in Rockport will live on long after I'm gone. Oh, Charly Pottorff took the pic by the way. Darn near 30 yarn ago

Back