Stihl ms150 tc

Maybe but he's right about the scissors.

That 2.6kg is with no bar or chain. That little Echo 260 I never use is 2.9kg with bar and chain, 26.9cc & .9kw

The ms150 is 23.6cc & 1kw.

They are both light that's for sure but that's about it.

I missed this thread last night and put the Stihl link somewhere else. http://www.stihl.com/STIHL-power-to...saw-chains-guide-bars/0140/Arborist-saws.aspx

It should go straight to it, if not it's under Arborist saws.

Either the vibe number is a typo, or its rubber bushing mounted or hard body.

I've never seen vibe specs before. Its a good thing.

Problem with vibration numbers is that it have no feeling.
Even if saw has good numbers it can vibe quite a bit.

Micro vibes is the tuff thing... Hard to measure and do most damage.

I cant look at the new saw IPL's anymore. But I knew somebody that could.

IPL shows they are little strato saws and looks like it comes set up with 1/4" chain 12" bar. The cylinder bolts to a two piece crankcase sort of like a Husky 350.

Jay I didn't mean to be gloomy and bring the topic crashing down. It just struck me as a useless little scalpel that would leave an experienced climber wishing he had his money back. I think Stihl needs to focus on making a monstrousity of a climbing saw that both conforms to govt standards and sets a new stabdard for performance. Instead, they're spending time and money developing some sort of little toy that id probably be comfortable nicking my lanyard with. They're being silly.

Looks to me like either a " trim the apple tree in the back yard " type or a carver with that skinny nose bar and 1/4" chain .I gotta agree it's a cute little thing .

Plus, you all know I'm mad at stihl lately. Oddly enough, my 441 which I have cursed and dismissed and publicly accosted for years now has become my new favorite weapon. Figure that out....

Poor old Tom is not too proud of Stihl these days .Almost every replacement piece of equipment he bought this year has the new engine design .A BG 86 blower ,MS 201T saw and another 441 that doesn't run as well as his old one .The replacement 660 runs like a sick cow compaired to his old 066 and the story goes on .He's happy with a pair of 460's so it isn't a total lose .

I should get a picture.... Sits right next to the regular 3/8 pitch Stihl chain you would buy for a 200T. 17.00 for the 3/8ths, 36.00 for the 1/4... unreal.

I thought I would look at the 1/4 pitch since Willard had mentioned it. I could not believe my eyes. There is no way that could cut twice as fast :lol:
They did not have the chisel chain for the 200T either. They are going to order me a loopo once I find the number on it again.

That smaller pitch chain probably has something to do with the small radius at the bar tip. My Zenoah with that type bar has it too, but I haven't had to replace it yet. I keep thinking that some day I will have to break the ice and buy the tiny loop. I wouldn't expect it to be any more expensive than other chain.

Yeah well, so are kittens...doesn't mean I want any :D.

I got a good laugh with that :lol:. Dont worry I got your new MS440 all packed up to ship over night mail. ;)

kittens.jpg

Back