Songs I Like

Mathew's comment about Portland in the "Bucks" thread reminded me of this. Haven't listened to it in awhile...

Yo. Gotta say this chit kinda blew my mind.

"Imagine" being played at funeral of former first lady Roslyn Carter. They wheel in Jimmie Carter, who's been in hospice for 9 months, he's 99 f'g years old, his mouth is open full time; Yo, Children- no one gets out alive, and btw, don't get old. But yeah, Full Respect. He's there none the less. Along with an ex prez, the prez and all the living first ladies. Cool tribute to Roslyn and how the US does some things, imo.

And the song itself, Tricia and Garth do a fine job with it. It is quite a fascinating choice given that it champions the ideas of no country, no possessions, no religion, etc. Radical concepts imo in the honor of most anyone, including Roslyn who was religious afaik. We've all heard this awesome song a thousand times but hearing it in this setting kinda made me look at it deeper than usual, and it seemed it could be kind of a 'theme song' for Buddhism or something like that. And it made me realize, again, that John Lennon was a straight up genius. I know, duh, but listening to this song proves it, to me. :rockhard: :rockhard:

Wait for the chorus...

That falsetto is mint...

Or as the kids say these days, "it slaps!"

I sound old. Time to retire.

Last edited:
Back