Songs I Like

Cool! Not sure how much you'll find. kind of new to the scene. Wan't long ago he was just local/regional around here w/his cousin playing bass. He comes from a pretty talented extended family of musicians & singers, some of whom I've been friends with or jammed with for many years.

I’m shocked by the “like” Ryan. I assumed no one would have similar tastes.
I had only heard their cover of Neil Diamond's "You'll Be a Woman Soon" on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. That Summer Breeze cover is wicked.
I love older heavy metal but also enjoy oldies radio like Chuck Berry and Elvis , old country and western, the hits of the 80's, grunge of the nineties etc. I just bought the first Van Halen album on CD which I ripped and will give to my brother who has the largest collection of heavy metal cassettes tapes and cd's that I know of.

The “woman soon” was urge overkill on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. I was so excited to discover a previously unknown to me Type O song. Ah well. I’m great full for the Urge Overkill version. It’s fantastic

@Treeaddict
I had only heard their cover of Neil Diamond's "You'll Be a Woman Soon" on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. That Summer Breeze cover is wicked.
I love older heavy metal but also enjoy oldies radio like Chuck Berry and Elvis , old country and western, the hits of the 80's, grunge of the nineties etc. I just bought the first Van Halen album on CD which I ripped and will give to my brother who has the largest collection of heavy metal cassettes tapes and cd's that I know of.

Type O's singer (Pete Steele) was originally in a band callled "Carnivore" back in the mid-80's to about 1990. I saw them about a half dozen times in my teens all over NYC, and still have one of my favorite shirts from then. It says on the back "If you can't Eat it or F$%k it, then Kill it". Much heavier/faster than Type O, which I liked better.

Was into a lot of the original 80's stuff like Metallica (saw them at a dive go-go bar on the Kill 'em All tour back then), Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Destruction, Kreator, Celtic Frost and the like. Also into the hardcore like old Corrosion of Conformity, The Cro Mags, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles and other smaller NYC locals. Used to spend way too much time at the old Ritz, L'Amours and CBGB Omfug back in the 80's & 90's. Good times/great music.

Never saw E-town concrete. I think I heard one song by them and was like "PASS!".

We grew up with the same tastes in music and be both went to a lot of shows. You were a little ahead of me. I started with Metallica in 89 when Justice for All came out. I was 11yo. It was at age 13 that I was going to local venues to see the local metal and hardcore bands. I played drums in a punk/hardcore/grind band at ages 16-19. We played out at least once a month. Music was a major part of my life as it sounds like it was yours.

All the bands you mentioned, I owned cassettes from (except Cromags) and saw quite a few of them live. Just jammed “When the sun burns red” from Kreator last week doing dishes.

I have almost all my music from those days in vinyl, which I still keep a turntable for. I've also got something left over from those days I'll post a pic of when I get it unpacked...

Back