Songs I Like

Yes the guy is good. I was thinking the same as you yesterday, but today #1 was growing on me. Oh the mystery!

#2 for me, because of the guy.
The girls in it don't have much in thge way of voice.

17201082-1154520551337000-7616314625778370949-n.jpg

I found this to be quite moving. Its from the benefit concert for victims of the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert.

Ariana starts off singing literally like an angel, I thought Miley might get blown off the stage, but yeah nah.

It's live, there's a lil pitchiness here n there, but wow, lotta talent and charisma working a great song.

They made me do it.

A tad late to the party here after 86 million views, but lordy, I have never heard 2 such beautiful, ethereal voices in all my life.

Been checking this band out...

I think I'll buy some of their albums. Kind of a country twanged dream pop. Has some similarities with Mazzy Star and The Sundays.

This girl may well have the right stuff, apparently 'gone viral' since October and now has a record deal

But of all those who sold their souls to the divil, Niccolo paganini is my faviourite.

I was turned on to this album a couple days ago, bought it today...

This is an acoustic folk album. She usually does black metal. I appreciate black metal, and can kind of enjoy listening close to hear what they're doing, but it's too loud to just put on.

I really like this version of the Nutcracker Suite. I especially like Arabesque...

I saw him a bunch of years ago in Delaware. Excellent concert. It's virtually a note for note performance of Les Brown's arrangement. Not sure when that was produced...

Nice project! Well done!

ruel ...from the album

Giles Arendt expresses Guitar
Miriam Sterlin is Mandolin, Vocals

I'm thinking his girlfriend might be Miriam...

Gotcha, still love the guitar. Reminds me of this tuning

This is a super nerdy video about nick drake that I found interesting. This kid totally nails his sound

Hadn't heard of Mr Drake before, but love it!

Josh Turner...outstanding musician! Been listening to him for several years now.

That amount of info & attention to detail is like part of a Master's degree thesis...This is the level of lessons I've been attending the last year or so...never gets boring: there is always another detail or idea to pay attention to when playing...

Last edited:
Nick Drake had some good stuff.

Idk about the open tuning.
Giles is a very accomplished guitarist and musician, as well as Miriam, who has been on the mandolin for 3 years, musician her whole life.

This recording was on her original $199 mandolin, getting over a bit of congestion.

They borrowed recording equipment from a local musician.

Back