The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Snooser Logging Book

chris_girard

Treehouser
I haven't had any time to do a lot of reading, or writing the articles that I have planned, but I have just fund a great logging novel on Amazon.com that I think members here will like.

It's called Snooser: The Adventures of Logger Jed Lasal.

I guess the word Snooser is an old Westcoast BC name for a logger, because of all the tobacco that they chewed? Personally, I had never heard the term used before, but I'm on the East coast. Anyways, the book is fantastic and I have a link to it below:

Snooser: The Adventures of Logger Jed Lasal - Kindle edition by LaFrance, Dan. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

lxskllr

Treehouser
Yea, I might check it out. My problem is I have a hard time getting to books anymore. I have tons I bought, and never got around to reading. The internet's hosed my attention span.

Jonny

Treehouser
Hey speaking of books and Chris G… do I recall you saying you have a rigging book in the works?
That’d be damn enjoyable I’ll bet. Your articles are excellent. Great writer and extremely knowledgeable about the subject.

chris_girard

Treehouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey speaking of books and Chris G… do I recall you saying you have a rigging book in the works?
That’d be damn enjoyable I’ll bet. Your articles are excellent. Great writer and extremely knowledgeable about the subject.
Thanks for the compliments Jonny! And yes, I do have a rigging book in the works with TCIA (Tree Care Industry Association). It's half way finished at the moment. My problem is trying to find time to write. Being a fulltime production climber and business owner doesn't leave a lot of time for much else. Hopefully, I'll have some free time soon. My next 2 articles will be about my mentors and one of them happens to be a distinguished member of this site!

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Chris Girad, for your long and continuing effort to share what you've learned through a carreer in the Tree Work Industry, I applaud you. And all the members of the House that continue to share their wisdoms and experience as well. This is a great place. Thank you, all!

gf beranek

Old Schooler
And thank you, Kyle. I know enough to recognize you are well educated person and have a broad and practical knowledge of numerous trades skills. I'm just a tree guy. I learn good stuff from you all the time. Thank you!

chris_girard

Treehouser
Chris Girad, for your long and continuing effort to share what you've learned through a carreer in the Tree Work Industry, I applaud you. And all the members of the House that continue to share their wisdoms and experience as well. This is a great place. Thank you, all!
Thank you for the kind words Jer, I will be in touch with you soon my friend!

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!