Sequoia National Park

Mrs.B

Treehouser
Lots of big trees here and our feet are killing us! Here's a few shots of where we're at. Plenty more to follow.

Attachments

• SEQUOIA 4-09 046.jpg
    SEQUOIA 4-09 046.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 7
  • SEQUOIA 4-09 056.jpg
    SEQUOIA 4-09 056.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 7
  • SEQUOIA 4-09 081.jpg
    SEQUOIA 4-09 081.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, that's snow. It seems to be melting fast though. Not too cold during the day. It's been just right for hiking.

Man, I've been there and I don't even remember it. I was a sailor just back from a 9 month WESTPAC cruise, and we had the weekend off. Me and my bros spent the weekend with rented camping gear and all we did was party.

Seems that was a common theme for me in my 20s and 30s as well. Visiting new locations only meant a new place to get smashed. Vacation trips mean so much more to me now.

And here I was hopin to meet you guys in Fresno or someplace before you went up there.:lol:

Sure is pretty up there right now ...

Where are you at from Sequoia? We will be leaving here Thursday morning. Directions please. We only have enough battery power for one more margarita so make it fast!!

Best I can do on Thursday is if you go up 99 North from Fresno to Merced and I can maybe hook up with you in the afternoon. But you will probably be far gone by then.

GTG will be good. How do we find your area from 99? We're on a pretty loose schedule.

I have a couple of very good friends who work at the park. If you meet Ward Eldredge or Suzanne Baker please tell them Leon sends his love. Ward is, I believe, assistant curator/historian of the park and Suzanne works on the reveg crew seasonally.

I love that place, it's so beautiful. Glad to see you guys enjoying it!

First thing we did this morning was go to Moro Rock. 7000 ft granite rock with a 400 step stairway going to the top. Before we were half way to the top the big tree guy was screaming for a rope and a tie in point! Seems he doesn't like getting high without a rope. Imagine that!

Attachments

• SEQUOIA 4-09 142.jpg
    SEQUOIA 4-09 142.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 4
For some it's a binky others a blankey and to some a rope is security.

Awesome Pictures!
It's been awhile since I've been there.

Thanks

Spent ten days backpacking in Sequoia and King's Canyon, one of my favorite trips ever. Nice pics Mrs. B.

Pics from today.

Attachments

• SEQUOIA_TUESDAY_002.jpg
    SEQUOIA_TUESDAY_002.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 7
  • SEQUOIA_TUESDAY_018.jpg
    SEQUOIA_TUESDAY_018.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 7
  • SEQUOIA_TUESDAY_019.jpg
    SEQUOIA_TUESDAY_019.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 5