Sachs Dolmar 166

High Scale

Trust fund lobbyist.
I am just rebuilding a friends saw and was wondering if anybody knew the high and low settings for the carb which is a Walboro W817AG5?

I always start 1 turn to 1.5 turn out and fine tune from there.

My muffler modded 166 I had.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VjAfFqlKu5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same saw set real fat to clean up in the cut.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YqXOHsQE3Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One I had hung a ring on and just rebuilt and was running it fat on first 3 test cuts on pipe. Just using stock square oregon chain off the reel.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cTplf5etMes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I always wanted one of those, yet know nothing about them.

JMO. I would pass on them unless you got cheap. Just hyped up as a collectors saw now days, makes them bring good money. $900 to $1200 for clean looking runners.

Hated how they handle and feel. Picture a half filled water balloon in your hands sloshing back and forth. Parts are hard to find too. Would not want for a working mans saw.

Full wrap handle was the worst ever SKINNY handle. I traded a full for a half once because the half handle is alot thicker and better control.

Bicycle handlebar wrap or tennis racket wrap can add to the diameter and comfort of a skinny handle. Makes a difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, the one I'm working on is immaculate but is a very heavy saw, I didn't like using it, guy who owns it wants to mill with it which is a perfect use of the saw.

Back