Rope bag project...

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 395
  • Views 35K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I spoke to Bounce (Sean Tait) at Wes-Spur a few weeks ago and he indicated he'll try to get the bag production moved ahead.

*** I'm just one guy with a match but if you guys want the bags sooner maybe drop him a PM or contact Wes-Spur directly and light a Big Fire under them!!!:what:

Sounds like they're expanding and making a lot of changes in the company...and all for the better. Ya gotta love their catalog, full of product pics., simple & a joy to view!

HC

I think you better keep waiting. I got mine a day or so ago and there isn't anything with a yellow bottom in the catalog.

I think its time to call Wes-Spur this week to see what taking so long! :what:

HC

Hey Bob! Today I got to use the starter rope drawstring from your rope bag. I was on a job this morning and the guy I was working for broke his starter rope. I pulled the cord off the rope bag and he was up and running in about 5 minutes! Your great idea saved us a lot of time this morning.
:D

Cool,

Glad you remembered the pull cord draw string and were able to get the saw back up & running!

Congradulations on being the first one to use the bags cord to fix a saw!!!

BTW, I'm sending you replacement pull cord draw string in the mail for your rope bag!

Untill I run out of stock, who ever used a bags cord (that I sold them) to fix a saw get a free 5' replacement cord & thumb lock sent to them!8)

Thanks for leting me know Mr.Skwerl

HC

Ha that's cool. I used to use saw starter cord for my backpack in the bush, a handy way to save weight and carry essentials.

I haven't used any cord from your ropebags yet though.

Ha that's cool. I used to use saw starter cord for my backpack in the bush, a handy way to save weight and carry essentials.

I haven't used any cord from your ropebags yet though.

Don't forget, Squish, you can always use it to throttle an attic skwerl if needed.
:D

Ya,

Squishy took care of him all right...he got him wired up on coffee!

Shame on you Squishy.:/:

Attachments

• coffee1.jpg
    coffee1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 34
Heh I like squirrels just not in my roof.

Atleast I showed 'em a good time first.:lol:

Attachments

• Too%20Much.jpg
    Too%20Much.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 36
my guys broke a starter cord the other day and i forgot to tell them bout that.
-------------------------

Willie,

Is the drawstring still on your rope bag or do you need a replacement?

Bob

When in the flip is Wesspur gonna start making the bags? I want answers and I want 'em right now!!!

:\: Yikes! We should have some on hand in about 2 weeks. Now put away that noose and put out those matches.

:\: Yikes! We should have some on hand in about 2 weeks. Now put away that noose and put out those matches.
---------------------

Now what are we gonna do with all that tar & them feathers? :P

...Thats great news Bounce, and to everyone else who wants to order the bags...You must place your orders through WesSpur www.wesspur.com (No PMing orders at the TH). They should have some available mid June...around the 13th I believe.

Be sure to ask for the "HC-Bags" (the ones with the yellow bottom inside)!

So Bounce, ...whats in it for me?:/: Call or PM me and we'll talk!

HC

Hey Guys,

Well, its been 2 years to the month since the first prototypes were sent to Lumberjack for field testing. (Thanks again Carl for all your help, I owe you one)!

Because of everyones suggestions as well as the "Bag Lady's" sewing skills, a unique & practical rope bag as been created.

Although it may look like any other bag on the marker, it has a lot of extras built in to it as most of you all know!

The last of the details have been worked out just a few moments ago between WesSpur & I, so now it time for "WesSpur" to get the bags into production and have some ready later next month. :D

There is a minor change to the bag and after compairing the original to the production version...its a good change & I like it!!!

I'll post a pic of Bag #1 as soon as I can. Below is a pic of one of the last originals sent in form a fellow houser.

Wow, this is very cool and makes me proud to to be able to contribute something to our industry!

Thanks again everyone for putting up with me over the last few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good things to follow,

Bob

Attachments

• Rope Bag.jpg
    Rope Bag.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 36
Hope you got rich Bob;):P. Good to see they will be for sale again, I've got 2 almost virgin bags, maybe I should hold onto them. Collectors item maybe?:D

Got to say, the WesSpur folks are great people to work with!!!

If sales go well with the solid bags, they will pick up the Mesh line next!!!

...this will give me some time to tweek the mesh bag some more, ;).

HC

Back