Removing 3 large tulips video

murphy4trees

TreeHouser
Nice to see a porty being run that smoothly.

Dang, I gotta hit wally world! I got five minutes into the first vid, cool.

I don't like my saw tied to the ring, myself.

You remind me of the sham wow guy, with a pony tail! :P

Pat seems good. That last cut was kinda close to the home.Oh well.
Good job on the Video.
Dont ya wish the groundies could work at 2.5X speed Haha.
Good thing you letm ride , he was tying pretty far out and if the lowering was tight he could got a flipper in the face, but you letm ride really well.
Thanx for that.

Nice job. I was wondering the reason for tying out that far on the heavier pieces myself. Really dependent on ground crew running lines well. :thumbup: to the guys running lowering lines.

I could live without tumbling wood as shown in the first video.

Homeowner didnt care about beating up all the surrounding tree's?

I gut wrap logs if they are swinging away to lessen the shock. I think I would have tip tied those

Well done videos. The flippers is what I wondered about, too. It looked like one almost got Pat in the first vid at 6:41.

Ya'll must have tough driveways.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fr1qBIIxTDY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fr1qBIIxTDY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think he touched every part of the customers property with those tree's.

I like to tie my rope a lot closer to the cut, especially on the logs.

I see you're still using those tall face cuts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I AM sure Spidy will be happy to explain how tying off the pieces out away from the cut, close to, though not quite at the COG, greatly reduces shock loading by a combination of effects... (When not but hitching).. I'll respond in more detail at the buzz...

And thanks for the support. I have a few more in the pipeline..

I'm not a scientist but tumbling wood creates quite a shockload.

Tip tied from above with a snap cut is the way to go when you can and I probably would have there. On the other hand, when your tie in point is not directly above, gut wrapped and faced 90 degrees to the rope keeps a steady load with minimal jarring :drink:

I think he should have tied closer to the cut , but either way all in all he did a great job.

Murphy , if you would have got a knot or anything that caused the rope not to ride he could have gotten smacked , But you did a great job letting her run.

Tip tie to us meens tie way way out and let the butt fall first.
We call tighing close to the the actual cut , butt hitch cutting.
Nevermind tho.
Why would he tie half way out ?
Seems like asking for missing teeth.
Anyhow real soild dude , solid job.
Every tree job has its share of suprises , thats what i think.
It was good time, no doubt.
Thank goodness the customer kept the wood.
What does a job like that go for in your neck of the woods ?

On the side of the video itself, one thing that could use improvement is the live audio. If your cam has an input for an external mike, you may want to try that; it'll make your live audio much clearer.

The voice-over audio sounds fine.

Back