Regarding Covid

No vaccination required now to enter Tasmania, no quarantine, no tests. Check in app is no longer used.
Masks still needed indoors, but not in bars or restaurants.
Covid racing through schools, but no kids in hospital. My friends unvax kid has had it twice now, he's fine, immune compromised.
State population highly vaccinated 98% double and passing 50% triple. Many friends have now had it, so adding natural antibodies to their vaccine antibodies.

There are 11 people in hospital, 2 in icu.
400 odd in Covid at home care, 6 in medi-hotels. Over 800 new cases yesterday. 4425 active cases
With the less severe omicron and very high vaccination rate, hospital system is holding up as very few need to go there.

There are 11 people in hospital, 2 in icu.
400 odd in Covid at home care, 6 in medi-hotels. Over 800 new cases yesterday. 4425 active cases
With the less severe omicron and very high vaccination rate, hospital system is holding up as very few need to go there.
Over 4400 active cases and only 11 are in the hospital. That is 1 out of every 400 cases, or 0.25%. Are you ready to admit that maybe Covid isn't the dire worldwide emergency we once thought it was? It's the flu, nothing more. But now we have some strange side effects from mandated vaccines (that don't actually prevent anything).

I'm interested in hearing more details on exactly how covid is "racing through schools". Everything I've heard over the last 2 years is that younger people are the least affected. Exactly how many children have been affected in order to cause people to claim "Covid is racing through schools"? One out of a thousand students? One out of 5000 students? Or is it closer to one out of 10,000 students? And by 'affected', do you mean the kid caught a cold and had to stay home from school a couple days? That has been happening for as long as there have been public schools.

Independent of covid cases, themselves, how the cases affect emergency services availability to the public is important. Healthcare worker burnout sounds real. Staff shortages seem real.

Covid is now different than it was then.

At my daughter's school, more than half the students and staff have had Covid. They stopped updating their dashboard 10 days ago.

I'm interested in hearing more details on exactly how covid is "racing through schools". Everything I've heard over the last 2 years is that younger people are the least affected. Exactly how many children have been affected in order to cause people to claim "Covid is racing through schools"? One out of a thousand students? One out of 5000 students? Or is it closer to one out of 10,000 students? And by 'affected', do you mean the kid caught a cold and had to stay home from school a couple days? That has been happening for as long as there have been public schools.

It was racing through our school district.

Nobody was sick.

We said "fugg it".

Now everybody is fine.

Back