Regarding Covid

Reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt's Moto of walk softly but carry a big stick, being superseded by, carry the biggest stick, but only use it when absolutely warranted.

Who was it that said, beware foreign entanglements?

Dwight D. Leaving office..........

Jomo

Last edited:
Pretty silly thing to say about "standing up to a superior military power".

I suppose you believe the USA had complete victory against Iraq and Afghanistan eh?

Buncha goat humpers with ak-47s and IEDs.

Not very effective at all....

Of course there is no difference between a bunch of city flks, who basically hadn't fought since the Diaspora, and a bunch of mountain tribes, who have spent the last 4 centuries fighting foreigners, each other and in fact, anything that moved.

Obviously not..
My bad.

Of course there is no difference between a bunch of city flks, who basically hadn't fought since the Diaspora, and a bunch of mountain tribes, who have spent the last 4 centuries fighting foreigners, each other and in fact, anything that moved.

I liked that perspective, Stig!

Fwiw, re the OP:

@stig

So Sam Colt DIDN’T make all men equal…he just enabled Alec Baldwin to whack someone indiscriminately….noted.

Last edited:
The main reason the North won the Civil war was that they were better supplied…and were willing to fight dirty. Should there ever be another (I doubt there will be), the outcome would be quite different, I suspect.

So the battles of the Khyber pass and Ali Masjid were about oil.
News to me.

Oh well…my property will become “common property” when Klaus Schwab comes to my house and TAKES it…

You said they were actually a pretty peaceul bunch, till your oil companies frigged it up.

At the time of those battles, oil was something you got by wringing a whale.

You said they were actually a pretty peaceul bunch, till your oil companies frigged it up.

At the time of those battles, oil was something you got by wringing a whale.
I didn’t know they had whales in the Middle East! Somehow I thought goats and camels were their primary livestock. 😆 Silly me!

Crude oil wasn't refined till mid 1800.

So what oil companies were responsible for the Afghans being war like earlier than that was my point.

Back