Regarding Covid

Two of my kids are in the Air Force and they've had lots. Even more for the one who was deployed to Afghanistan and then to Africa.

Adenovirus, Types 4 and 7
Influenza (Flu Shot) Recruits receive this shot in basic only during the designated flu season (October – March)
Measles Measles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
Meningococcal Quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (containing A, C, Y, and W-135 polysaccharide antigens) is administered on a one-time basis to recruits. The vaccine is given as soon as practicable after in-processing or training. This vaccine is required routinely only for recruits, although its use may be indicated in other situations based on transmission potential and risk of contracting meningococcal disease.
Mumps Measles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
Polio A single dose of trivalent OPV is administered to all enlisted accessions. Officer candidates, ROTC cadets, and other Reserve Components on initial active duty for training receive a single dose of OPV unless prior booster immunization as an adult is documented.
Rubella Measles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.
Tetanus-diphtheria A primary series of tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoid is initiated for all recruits lacking a reliable history of prior immunization in accordance with existing ACIP guidelines. Individuals with previous history of Td immunization receive a booster dose upon entry to active duty and subsequently in accordance with ACIP requirements.

## Routine “Booster” Shots while in the Military ##

Influenza (Flu Shot) Annual, during “Flu Season” (October – March)
Tetanus-diphtheria A primary series of tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoid is initiated for all recruits lacking a reliable history of prior immunization in accordance with existing ACIP guidelines. Individuals with previous history of Td immunization receive a booster dose upon entry to active duty and subsequently in accordance with ACIP requirements.
Yellow Fever Navy and Marine Corps only.

## When Deploying or Traveling to High Risk Areas ##

Hepatitis A
JE Vaccine (Japanese B Encephalitis)
Meningococcal
Typhoid

## When Required by Host Country to Enter ##

Cholera Cholera vaccine is not administered routinely to either active or reserve component personnel. Cholera vaccine is administered to military personnel, only upon travel or deployment to countries requiring cholera vaccination as a condition for entry, or upon the direction of the appropriate Surgeon General, or Commandant (G-K), Coast Guard.

## High Risk Occupational Groups ##

Hepatitis B
Measles
Mumps
Plague There is no requirement for routine immunization. Plague vaccine is administered to personnel who are likely to be assigned to areas where the risk of endemic transmission or other exposure is high. Vaccine may not be effective in the prevention of airborne infection. The addition of antibiotic prophylaxis is recommended for such situations.
Rabies Rabies vaccine is administered to personnel with a high risk of exposure (animal handlers; certain laboratory, field, and security personnel; and personnel frequently exposed to potentially rabid animals in a non occupational or recreational setting).
Varicella

## When Deployed to Area Where In-Theater Commander Accesses a Biological Threat ##

Small Pox This vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoD Immunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.
Anthrax This vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoD Immunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.

Funny how some folks get it and some don’t...the issue, I mean...not the vax.

Perhaps a better question would be: When was the last time hospitals, airlines, big corporations, even the military...threatened to fire folks unless they rolled their sleeve up and took the hokey-pokey?

Dismissal is always an option with the military. When you get down to it, dismissal is an option just about anywhere.

So you can fire a pilot, nurse, whatever, just because they don’t want to go along with your agenda, yet they can sue you if you fail to address them by their desired pronoun? Talk about stupidity gone to seed...

I don't know what you're referring to exactly, but you can sue anyone for anything. Winning is a different matter.

So if a soldier refuses/refused any of the previously listed vaccines...what happens/ed?

When you sign up, you have a chance to go over their “requirements”. When they follow the Piper over something like this, it’s a bi my different, IMO.

The FDA "approval" was a bunch of bullshit. They "approved" it in the sense of rubber stamping said approval, completely bypassing traditional approval methods. There's still ongoing clinical trials - NCT04380701 and NCT04368728, which will not be completed until 2023 at earliest.

Their "approval" is nothing but newspeak. Said approval is nothing like any actual approvals before. Look up any other vaccine's approval letters. If they were being honest, it's their approval to continue using the Pfizer vaccine under the emergency use authorization...

Here's said "approval" letter: https://www.fda.gov/media/151710/download

Note the section titled "POSTMARKETING REQUIREMENTS UNDER SECTION 505(o)" starting on page 6. Note the study dates of all studies on the "approval"

Lookup the clinical trials for the vaccine I posted above (found on page 1 of the letter). Do you see any of them completed? Nope.

In short, the FDA is playing games. Political games, likely due to pressure from the white house or due to being completely corrupt themselves. They "approved" a vaccine that hasn't even completed clinical trials yet, and in the letter itself says there are serious side effects that still need to be studied.

Holy Moley, now you can choose which booster to take regardless of which vaccine you started with. That is interesting 😳,I think I would stick with the one I started with. I would not mix it up.

Dang Jer, thats the first I’ve read y’all have COVID. Glad you are feeling better and I hope Terri feels better soon, real soon.

Best to you and Terri.

Seems this covid shit is going to be unending. For real. Totally logical as it can mutate quicker than we can create vacines

I find it disturbing how politicized it has become in the US. People are starting to loose their shit over opinions about it. Shootings over being asked to wear a mask. If i were rich beyond measure I would want the masses at odds with each other. Keep the idiots focused on something other than how ALL their savings just got reduced by a huge percentage because they just printed trillions off dollars for their bullshit agenda.

The only ways a nation can produce wealth is through natural resources or production utilizing said resources. The US produces very little outside of IP. Our food system is seriously threatend but noone is even talking about it. All that matters anymore is dividends and stock prices. As long as this quarters numbers are good everybody is happy. Who gives a shit if 10 years from now the nation will face mass shortages.

Thanks for the well wishes. We are slowly getting past it, although we did lose sense of taste and smell. The body aches have been the worst part for me. Since we hadn't been anywhere but the grocery store for several days before we had symptoms I believe we picked it up from the grocery store and those germy shopping carts. Ugh.... I am sure being vaccinated has helped us a lot.

Dr. Morgan knows the numbers. Appears a straight spin. Not wobbly.

Terri and I are just now getting over Covid. Day 8, for me, and I'm feeling a lot better. It'll be a few more days before Terri can say the same.

good to hear.... I think you said you got the vaxx. Now hopefully you won't need a booster because you will have natural immunity... Good luck with full recoveries. I just went to a meeting tonight where they were discussing remedies for long haul if either of you have any lingering symptoms.

Back