Regarding Covid

Would you like to see a 10% increase on your investments? Or perhaps it wouldn't be a problem if the government took another 10% of your money for the "public good". Even if it's "only" a 10% reduction, it isn't nothing, and it should be something even an absolute moron can successfully accomplish(not sure what that says about the tards that wear masks under their noses, or on their chins).

McCullough reads like a nutcase to me. I haven't dug deeply enough to decide if he's vaccinated or not but it wouldn't surprise me if he is but he still carries on like he does not believe in vax. While I read that article I had three pop-ups desperately urging me to donate money to his cause because he's being censored by major social medias. He seems to think there's a conspiracy. I think he is a nut case.

Been taking a wait & see attitude here on shots & such since all this virus stuff started.

Don't personally know anyone who's died of this virus, or of the a shot.

Living as isolated as I do, I felt I had the time to not rush into any decisions. I see the grocery clerk during slow hours once a month. That's pretty much the only inside contact I've had with other people since all this started.

I also held off because of the possibility of the shot making me ill, the fact that there have been large crowds of folks everywhere they administer them, and my nearly traumatic aversion to needles.

I have been very conscious of the struggles, constant defeats, & overcrowding that hospital staffs have been dealing with though.

In Oct I'll be traveling to Tenn for several days, and will be in close proximity to many folks, so I decided to get the shot. Appointment for first poke is for tomorrow afternoon. Hoping it doesn't make me too sick to work, as I am the only one that does my job.

I'm not much worried either way for myself (most of my good friends & family are dead or have one foot in the grave), but the deciding factor for me is I want to lessen the chance of my hurting anyone else. Just keeping it simple & not much worried about what others do.

Last edited:
Denmark has concluded that Covid is no longer much of a problem to us and have removed the last of the restrictions.
We have 80% of the population vaccinated by now.

That is how it works when Covid isn't turned into a political thing, but is something we all work against together.

The few Daniel Murphy doomscrier types have been boooed out when ever they have raised their ugly heads.

There is of course one notable exception to this: our wonderful muslim immigrants.
They have almost all rejected the vaccine and prefer listening to Daniel Murphy's Pakistani cousin, who tells them all the same bullshit, Murphy has been trying to tell us.

The shot knocked my partner, Richard out.
Heart arrythmia, fever and " I feel like I just ran 3 marathons in a row ( he is a runner)".

Didn't keep him from going back for the second shot, though.
He got through that a bit better.

McCullough may or may not be a nutcase. Irrelevant. Perhaps better to debate the substance of what he wrote than his character.

Re. a 10% efficiency better than nothing, I suppose one could also say the same thing about 1% efficiency, or 0.1% efficiency. "if it saves just one life. . ."

Perhaps in addition to seatbelts, the Gubberment should also mandate wearing motorcycle helmets while operating any motorized vehicle and impose 30mph speed limits on highways

Anyway, the fear mongering laryngoscope post kinda lit a short fuse.
My apology to any offended by my intemperate and inconsiderate posts.

Perhaps in addition to seatbelts, the Gubberment should also mandate wearing motorcycle helmets while operating any motorized vehicle and impose 30mph speed limits on highways
Equally amazing that buses don't have seat belts except for the driver....I guess passengers are expendable.

Equally amazing that buses don't have seat belts except for the driver....I guess passengers are expendable.

The actual purpose of the seat belt is to keep the driver in a position to control the vehicle if possible (and not run over pedestrians or into other vehicles, etc.), and to keep the passenger next to them out of the driver's way; buses don't have a passenger next to the driver.

Seems kind of weird, now that vehicles have poof bags which defeat the ability to keep the vehicle from careening into a crowd.

Jim, you and treesmith both live in BFE, right? no wonder you guys are a skeptic. I might be too. Anywho, carry on. I take people to tube town daily now. It won't matter what I say to yall so I don't bother anymore. I still like you guys though. Eventually, everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences, right?

and Pelorus, don't worry man, I'll give you some milk of amnesia (propofol) right before they stick the blade in your mouth to tube you. You won't remember shit.

can we get back to the important shit. Like how fun it is to drill an IO into your shoulder cuz you be dying and no one can a line......again you won't feel shit.

The nurse is also an anesthesiologist?
Cool!
Playing God must be quite the ego trip.
But to each their own I suppose.

we do our own sedation in ER homeboy.

playing god? where the phuc did that come from?

my bad 30 of etomidate and 80 of rocuronium. Prop is after tubes is in.

Last edited:
He's the dr Murphy keeps quoting. The dudes a friggin' clown
everywhere he goes he's the smartest man in the room.. he's a practicing clinician, teaches in med school, does research, and has published a ton of papers. If you can't look at and listen to this man and understand what an amazing human being he is, you aren't tuned in, which is surprising coming from Gary who has often been in the presence of true masters.. Fauci is a joke compared to this man.

Totally agree. I have been to visit with John years past. He was a gracious host...we spent time playing with his kids, enjoying their family meals and climbing some big trees. John was easy-going, competent, confident and smooth in whatever he did. It was no surprise to me that when he decided to study nursing that he would excel at it all. You definitely would want him in the ER if you showed up sick or maimed...he's got his shat together. No God complex...maybe a competency complex...determined to understand what it takes to help and then doing it well...I'll take that.

McCullough reads like a nutcase to me. I haven't dug deeply enough to decide if he's vaccinated or not but it wouldn't surprise me if he is but he still carries on like he does not believe in vax. While I read that article I had three pop-ups desperately urging me to donate money to his cause because he's being censored by major social medias. He seems to think there's a conspiracy. I think he is a nut case.
He has been vaxxed as I recall... he's testified before Congress and the Texas legislature as an expert witness... Those that have been brainwashed must call those that speak the truth crazy, in order to preserve their illusion

One of our own, John...NoBivy... is in the trenches...I have family members in the trenches of Covid treatment...nurses (3) and a close first cousin that is a pediatrician...my wife works at a major medical facility (Emory)...those folks tell me what it's like...they are not making stuff up to get my attention or donations. They are real people working to keep folks healthy and alive.

In the interest of preserving my illusion that there IS a pandemic..that people ARE dying, getting very sick, having long covid issues...that folks with recoverable acute issues ARE dying because DF's that don't believe in a useful vaccine are using up ICU beds...that folks are promoting use of a de-wormer to treat a virus...to preserve that illusion I am putting Murphy on ignore. Blather on...first time I have put anyone on ignore.

I've been ignoring him for a while now, just not with the ignore button. Besides, there isn't enough Hormel chili in the house to work up enough flatulence to do proper justice to any reply I might make to Murph anyway.

Be kind of interesting to know how many members have him on ignore.

Back