Puma Saddle

Those looks great, Jay.
Do you know where I might get a pair?

I love my Wescos, but they are sooooo heavy.

Or I'm getting old.

Says a guy who is a year older than me.
Not too reassuring:lol:

Stig, if there is any hardware store serving a Japanese community that you have access to, they might have them. If you want the spike type, likely they don't have them. Why don't you pm me with your specifics, and if need be I can get you a pair. Happy to do so. I just bought a new pair today with spikes and a toe protector insert. If I figured the exchange correctly, about 316DKK. I think I would recommend a pair of regular types first, then the spike type if you like them, or as you prefer. The regular type have a toe insert as well, at least one brand does. Different lengths up your leg too, but probably the one with the toe protector is only available to about the bottom of your calf. The ones in the photo have many hooks and loops up the back to fasten. I prefer the velcro strap type across the front, much quicker on and off. Let me know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
... the main deal for me has been bridge length ( way too much ) and excess strap material. Being bulky and interfering with my hardware and gear ... this Puma allows me. A MUCH lower tie in as the bridge is adjustable ... the smaller Dees may take some getting used to...

... been using saddle ... still too much strap length, just webbing and velcro on the end can probably be trimmed and resewn ...pretty comfy overall ... the dees do seem small... also started wearing my handsaw leg scabbard ... old dog must learn new tricks

... new saddle rules! ... super low low rope bridge adds up to better ascents and ease of movement through canopy .... I reccomend this saddle !!!!!

... my old saddle had large full circle Dees... the Puma has small half circle Dees ... took just a climb or two to get used to. Puma comes with some nice anodized Aluminum Dees, I special ordered Steel ...

Also, I cutt off theYellow sewn webbing ring & snaps ... fit the lower small accessory dees with a variety of rings etc. ... I am about to cut the clear rubber hose off as well...

Back