Puma Saddle

Altissimus

TreeHouser
... looked like it would solve some minor probs with my current saddle , sort of an impulse buy though... i tried a stock medium , sent it back and special ordered one with steel dees , kinda love the saddle and it's features ! any one else order one ?

Sure looks an awful lot like the Weaver Cougar.
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XmVYzFsNw1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The choices today are so many. It's no wonder the novice gets confused about which is the best, most comfortable or offers the most utility. I wish I took more pics of the ones we made in the 60's and 70's. Crude by today's standard in climbing belts.

I was surprised they did not have an older saddle at the Central Sierra Museum up in Shaver Lake. They may have had a belt. Trying to remember..... Most of the stuff they covered in the logging was more on the ground work.. Moving the logs... sawing the logs... felling...
They did have an old pair of Whites... IMG_0886.jpg

DO you have any of your old ones kicking about Gerry?? Or any picts of them?

With them things a person can near walk straight up a tree at a 45 degree angle. though if their dull in the least you best hunch over and use your hands too hold on just in case.

To quote Ken Kesey from "Sometimes a great notion" :"Once you're used to wearing caulk boots, the ground always feels slippery when you don't".

That was by memory, so it might be a little off.

I have a pair of LaCrosse boots with studs like the old studded snow tires in them. You can laugh at snow covered ice. I need a new pair. Studs are falling out and wearing down. Sure would like to try a pair of caulks.

To quote Ken Kesey from "Sometimes a great notion" :"Once you're used to wearing caulk boots, the ground always feels slippery when you don't".

That was by memory, so it might be a little off.

On page 120 of that book now...good read so far. Although the beginning was pretty hard to follow with all of the character's thoughts all jumbled up on the pages. But I do remember that part. Spot on for the quote I think, Stig.

Well broken in Wesco caulks. I've been through a couple of pairs in 31 years :).

Attachments

• Dscn0412.jpg
    Dscn0412.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 29
I find these caulks to be the ultimate for comfort, available for both dry and wet conditions, and with a toe protection insert. Very light, and especially good for working on steep ground. Kind of goofy looking, but once you try them, hard stiff boots become less desirable. Much easier on your dogs by the end of the day.

Nobody calls them ninja shoes, that's a western thing.

Attachments

• spike-shoes3.jpg
    spike-shoes3.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 52
They are AWESOME...now we know what to get Burnham for Christmas!!!:D

B, when you wear them the first time "on the hill" be sure to have the video running!

You could just use them around your place until courageous enough to be seen in public. I resisted waring them for a long time, even though just about everybody uses them. People would say, get some tabbys, mon. The lightness is what first strikes you when you try them. I think the deal is that if your feet can bend natural like, it is a lot less fatiguing. On side hill work where your feet tend to slide a bit in regular boots, they are especially good. The grip is excellent without spikes as well. You might get laughed off the hill, but whiskey goes better with relaxed feet. Be bold, start a trend, don't be an Okie from Muskogee. :D

I guess if you needed extra support, it wouldn't be the ideal. I didn't consider that. Is it uncomfortable going barefoot, Jerry?

Not uncomfortable at all, but the nerve damage makes it sensitive to touch. Like if I bumped the right side of the foot against something even easily it really sends me. Wow

Back