Climbing saddle

I spent 10 years or so on one. Classic, not Deluxe, but same thing really. I like the bosun seat, thinking about buying the one that’s made for my Ergovation.

After going to TreeMotion and Ergovation, I could never go back to a saddle without lower Ds.

Rope bridge is also all the rage these days. I’ve never seen the bridge wear out on the older floating D Buckingham and Weaver saddles. Nice to have a swivel or whatever you want on the bridge though.

Ain’t you flying a Petzl Sequoia?
Traverse is gonna be a little bit of a downgrade maybe.
Maybe.
Saddles are a very personal decision, there’s no right or wrong answer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ain’t you flying a Petzl Sequoia?
Traverse is gonna be a little bit of a downgrade maybe.
Maybe.
Saddles are a very personal decision, there’s no right or wrong answer.
Thanks for the thoughts brother. I do primarily use a Sequoia and like it a lot. I also have a Tree Motion evo that I just started messing around with that is very comfortable. The place near me got in the Buckingham deluxe traverse and I’ve been eyeing it as I walk past the display every time to get to the register. It looks like the back support is awesome on it. I tried it on in the store and even hung on it to see how it felt but don’t know how it feels in spurs with a lanyard. It’s primarily the potential back support that looks promising though I do like that it also looks old school tough. Just wondering how comfortable it was when spurring and doing spar work? As compared the the newer style saddles you’ve used? I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but I have a credit at the store and was tempted. It seems like it would be hard to get more comfy than the the Tree Motion but the back strap for the traverse looks even bigger.

I liked it fine for spar work on spurs and lanyard.
My old foreman and trainer had one too, and after a day of leaning back against the lanyard, he’d have some sore red spots right where the hip Ds are. Pinching I guess.
His had smaller Ds than mine, and his was also much more broken in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I liked it fine for spar work on spurs and lanyard.
My old foreman and trainer had one too, and after a day of leaning back against the lanyard, he’d have some sore red spots right where the hip Ds are. Pinching I guess.
His had smaller Ds than mine, and his was also much more broken in.
How do you compare the back support of your tree motion when spurring compared to the buckingham?

It's expensive, but the ergovation is probably the most comfortable saddle I've used. From my brief afternoon climbing in one anyways.

I really like my treemotion but would absolutely trade it for an ergo. I'm 5'9' 200lbs and the treemo side d's squish my hips a bit. So much padding on the ergo.

Never tried the delux traverse though, might be awesome

Back