Our New Forum - Does everything look OK?

I'm trying to decide if we really need Flashchat or not. I don't remember how I ever came up with it to begin with.
I remember .Our buddy in a suburb of Denver Colorado had a flash chat attached to his site . Somehow we got the password and pirated the thing .Talk about pissed ,wow .Some time after that you stuck one on the site and early on it got used a lot but later not so much .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, that's not the flashchat we use. That was some lame freeware everyone was using back then.

It was pretty funny sometimes....serous too, when Jonny was in Iraq, and his girl at the time was trying to hang in there with the kid. It served a purpose.

I have a Logitec keyboard with a lot of bells and whistles which I seldom use .It seems that after 3 or 4 years of reading comical little retorts on certain web forums I had managed to ruin a few from being drowned by certain beverages while trying to stiffle a laugh . Never tee hee with a mouth full of beer,Pepsi,Mountain dew or even water .The keyboard doesn't like to get a bath .I had thought about a bib but never persued it .

Well yes the technoligy has advanced rapidly in the last several years . About like going from the pony express to air mail in one giant leap .

lkbmmacusb.jpg

The page up or down keys will have to do, but they don't.

Yes it does, bottom right hand corner, third key in.

Posting pics.....figuring it out. I can do it from work.

But just need to be able from home.

Attachments

• PennyatBernal.jpg
    PennyatBernal.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 67
No, that won't be happening because I believe the old pirated forum has become corrupted and I don't wanna bring that over here.

But I do have a surprise waiting, if I can do what I want to do.

Again... Not sure about VB, but in PHP you can take content only... Nothing more, no structure anything but the posts and attachments and put in a new fresh version.
We did that... Pontus did that to be accurate.

We had a older version that messed up. Downloaded and installed same version, moved posts and attachments to that and after a update we backed that up, installed the newest version and moved content in there.
No info lost, no settings lost, no posts lost.

It should not be harder in VB... After all VB should be better, you pay for it to be...

I had Pontus set up a flach chat on first page in bottom.
It is used prett much. Oprion to open in seperate windo and private rooms too.
Seems to be something we enjoy, or most of us there anyway.

It could be worth a try perhaps...

If you are registered, have a look in bottom of index page:
http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, don't be skeered to try them out. Just go to the bottom of the page - the dropdown bar's on the left.

For some reason when I logged on this morning I had to do the full login w/ password, and the site had reverted to the default skin.

I dig the default skin.

Dark's ok but the smileys look kinda' messed up.

I had that earlier, came home from work and had a quick browse then 2 hours later said I have over a 1000 unread posts:?
Thought something serious had kick off:D
Most dissapointed:P

Back