New Website

So buy something, dammit!

Terri's more eloquent than me, and there's more to e-commerce than first meets the eye.

Patrick (Educated Climber) proves it time over "what you put in you get out" He's made the "FGTW" like it first came out 26 years ago. I am impressed by that young man.

I have about a thousand High Climbers and Timber Fallers left. Not doing another print. Getting too old. Cases of books are heavy to move.

But I have tons of redwoods parks books. The trail maps are the best.

As soon as I heard that Patrick had put time into making the book available again, I put an order in for one, Love it, Wife has published 2 books, and we know the amount of time and effort that is required to make it happen, well done on making it happen in the first place, and the website looks great, easy to navigate, and great content and well laid out.

So buy something, dammit!

Terri's more eloquent than me, and there's more to e-commerce than first meets the eye.

Patrick (Educated Climber) proves it time over "what you put in you get out" He's made the "FGTW" like it first came out 26 years ago. I am impressed by that young man.

I have about a thousand High Climbers and Timber Fallers left. Not doing another print. Getting too old. Cases of books are heavy to move.

But I have tons of redwoods parks books. The trail maps are the best.

I gave away my copy of High Climbers and Timber Faller to a friend for his 40th birthday.

I have wanted to get another copy. I also have a friend who turns 40 this year.

Would it be possible to get 2 copies and you to personalise a greeting for him and also for myself?

I looked on the website, but wasn’t h sure if you were able to ship to Norway? I don’t mind paying.

Cheers, Rich

Send me your shipping address, Rich, and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow. USPS international flat rate?

Over 80 bucks just for the shipping, I'm pretty sure. It's horrendous.

And David Long, yours should be there on Saturday, they say. Thanks!

I have been trying to make an order via PayPal but I am having all sorts of problems.

It also doesn’t come up with the cost for sending to Norway.

Can you PM me an alternate way of paying and I can try and sort it out? Also let me know the total amount including shipping to Norway.

Thanks,
Rich.

Yep, shipping across the pond is costly.
As you know, I send chocolate and stuff to friends in California.
Shipping is always more than the package is worth.
Been doing it so long, I'm used to it, but the post office folks always go: Holy Moly!!! :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
USPS recently raised shipping costs substantially. I sent a small box of baby clothes to my new great grand daughter in New York......a fairly small box and not very heavy...$30. Next time I will just send an Amazon gift card and we will both make out better on the deal.

Received my copy of High Climbers & Timber Fallers, thanks! I borrowed this book years ago from a friend and reluctantly had to give it back...

Those USPS flat rate shipping boxes can hold 3 high climber books or 4 of the redwood parks series. Either way about 13 pounds of books.

10 years ago the flat rate box cost about 10 bucks. Now it's about $19.

Book rate (media mail) is about half the cost, but on time delivery is not guaranteed.

I'll take a copy if they're still available. The fundamentals of general tree work was by far one of the best books ive ever owned as well.

Back