Ok so why is this forum better than arborist site ?

• Thread starter itsmyblood
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 41K
Yep, that is a great video. I've never even seen a tree that big. I would like to learn SRT, but heck I'm getting old, and, well... LOL

Sorry, the AS Exodus has created new forums, I posted links, because I could, to other tree and chainsaw related sites.
I'm not sure now, that it was a good idea.

I don't really read there, why was it not a good idea? You get the boot?

I agree with Skwerl,you get the respect you give,there's a lot of cool people here,I'm still relatively green to the world of climbing compared to a lot so for me to start a pissing match or a " I'm the best of them" thread would be pretty arrogant.I like hanging here and talking to others,everyone has had different experiences,you can learn something from everyone.

Ahh, so now the fog is beginning to lift. :|:
I figured something was up for us to have such a big wave of newcomers all within a day or two. This forum isn't as well publicized as the others and it usually takes a bit more determination for folks to find us here. Glad you all found us; and thanks for the referrals, Andy. :)

I started on AS and then i came over here with a "tough shell" and got my feathers ruffled for my poor grammer and spelling but the amount of respect that i recieved here was just like i have never experienced before on a Fourm site. I do view all of them because i am always looking for deals on equipment, and new guys that live in my area. But other than that i do all of my posting over here. Its a smaller group, great guys, wont get pissed if you ask a stupid question, and they are here to have a good time. I'm a member at Arborist site, Treebuzz, Lawnsite, Plow site (I think thats it) but i really only post over here.

Heck i have even traded a few stuff on here, and have bought a few things on here.

I know its hard to believe but i have learned a ton on this site too!:lol:

There's an AS exodus going on? What happened? And how did you post links w/o getting banned???

There are "new" tree/chainsaw forums out there?

The links may have been shared via PM (dumb, since the mods have been known to read private messages over there) or possibly via email. Darin is insanely jealous over members going to other forums though, I was permanently banned for sending somebody a link to another saw forum via PM.

I believe it's an aftermarket hack that Darin added on to the forum software. There are lots of them, including some that will cause the targeted user to experience page loading delays and errors.

That's a common thing, nothing new - but being able to hack into vbullitin's shit and changing it to read passwords is a new one on me. I don't see that option offered anywhere in the vb members area.

You sure whoever you pm'ed didn't simply just rat you out?

That's a common thing, nothing new - but being able to hack into vbullitin's shit and changing it to read passwords is a new one on me. I don't see that option offered anywhere in the vb members area.

You sure whoever you pm'ed didn't simply just rat you out?

He posted the links on the Arborist & Logger site, it's a new place that sprang up from members that had been banned from AS. I collect and fix saws, AS was the first site I found, and I made a lot of friends there. The censorship and heavyhanded moderation there has caused many good guys to leave or speak against it and be banned.

Back