Oio Pine Video

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Here's a video of a relatively small norfolk pine we took down last week. Nothing exciting by any stretch, wanting to put the camera to use. Of course forgot the camera on a monster albizia take down with rigging the week before, oh well. Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xp30JavidNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Leon. Yeah Garrett has gotten really good, he's becoming a good climber too which is cool to see the progression.

Good video...smooth flow to your techniques, very efficient. You made that bigger saw move like a small saw.

As Burnham has taught me to observe, watch that left thumb..be sure it wraps the handle.

That's a good point Gary I'm always on my guys for that when they are using a saw on the ground...

We have them here.
I have a two foot specimen in my windowsill.
Got it after Fiona posted those pictures of a crane takedown on two massive trees.

Butch said lotsa limbs! hahaha. Butch, you gotta try blue spruce man! Its never ending limbs. Nice vid, and slick rope running. I was digging how your groundman treated those logs. Smooth and controlled.

Well done, Jon, nice vid and thank you for sharing!

Have you heard anything from Roy lately? Heck, I haven't seen him in over a year, and he only lives 40 miles away.

jer

Thanks Jerry. I last spoke with Roy about 6 months ago, he was spending the last few winters down in Santa Cruz. Apparently he fell in love with the surf spot Steamer Lane and has been spending every swell surfing that break alone (middle peak). I keep trying to talk him into coming out here, he would just go nuts surfing on the North Shore, but as strange as Roy can be he is too afraid of flying and will only consider taking a boat out.

Talk about agro surfing, Roy must be hot or can bow down to the lane hierarchy. I think they actually have an enforcer out in the water, not sure if he is an ex hockey player.

Back