My 346xp excitement!

..... I've also run a couple of stock models and they do great with a 16" and ok with an 18". If I were running one in stock form I'd put a 16" on it. This motor loves to rev and will spin over 15K all day long. But if it drops under 10K then it falls flat.

This year's version has a new jug and piston. They bumped the displacement to 50cc and the porting is much different. Ed tells me that it has more torque at lower rpm and doesn't rev up as high as the previous motor. I think he said it's limited to 14,100 rpm. I'll be able to tell you more after I get the saw.

The new one has some serious torque even stock, for a 50cc saw - and you are right about the 14100rpm limiter.

:surprise: Mine revs up (responds) a lot faster than my wifes 5100S, but not as high.
The power feels about the same so far.

The new one is a tad heavier than the 45cc one, but still lighter than the 5100S. Its layout makes it a more nimble saw for limbing etc.

the smallest ground saw i've used is my wee 353g. its on .325 semi chisel chain. compared to teh 357s on 3/8 full chisel we run at work its slow. but light and nimble

Jamie

The 50cc 346xp weights and handles the same as the 353, but cutting speed and torque is waaay up.....:)

Tom, I've run .325 on the three I've owned so far. But this year they bumped the saw to 50cc and changed the port timing resulting in more torque at lower rpm's. On my newest one I think I'm going to run 3/8". Ed still has my saw, but the timed cuts he did with it indicate it's faster with 3/8".

I will try 3/8" on my stock one as well, when it is run in.

My injury and my wifes illness and surgery has seriously limited the cutting this year....:whine: :cry:

outstanding little saw, love mine. A little muffler mod realy makes these sing.

Replaced my 238XP with a 346Xp and never looked back. It's a great little saw; .325 and 16" bar. It is my main climbing saw (always have been a rear-handle rather than top-handle climber).

Replaced my 238XP with a 346Xp and never looked back. It's a great little saw; .325 and 16" bar. It is my main climbing saw (always have been a rear-handle rather than top-handle climber).

There never was a 238xp, only se and sg....:evil: :lol:

... but it really was the same thing as xp and xpg.

I picked my second one this summer, had Woods port the muffler and I like it more than my first one which screamed after Dan built it. Good little intermediate removal saw and sweet for a lot of cutting up to 16" on the ground.

Back